• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama's air strike plans in disarray after Britain rejects use of force in Syria

" Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
Over on another thread we've started working on getting rid of vices. Maybe on this one we could start confirming some virtues. Let's start with forgiveness. It's a nice Christian virtue."

I believe in forgiving those who ask forgiveness. If people think they did nothing wrong and don't ask, it's not my place to forgive them.

To knowingly send over 100,000 people to their deaths by intentionally lying to the world is not forgivable to me. When someone and his entire team won't even admit their lies and actually defend their actions, it's impossible for me to forgive such people. That's up to another level of being.

I don't believe in the concept of saying "I'm sorry and I believe in a certain deity" is legitimate to absolve people whose intentional lies killed and maimed so many.

Last edited:
Bob is going to have a really difficult time when he can't vote for Hillary in 2016. Sucks that she voted to go to war. I don't think that Christie voted for the Iraq war though, so I guess he could come over to the dark side.

Bob is going to have a really difficult time when he can't vote for Hillary in 2016. Sucks that she voted to go to war. I don't think that Christie voted for the Iraq war though, so I guess he could come over to the dark side.

I am way ahead on Hillary. I didn't think she had any credibility long before she voted to go to war with W. :D

John Kerry & Hillary Clinton's vote to authorize force in Iraq was regrettable. However, the reasons for how and why that vote was made, as well as the circumstances under which authorization was supposedly given, have been discussed numerous times in explicit detail. They were placed under extreme political pressure in the aftermath of 9/11 by the Bush Administration's lying & cynically duplicitous actions.

That was not John Kerry or Hillary Clinton's war.

If they couldn't stand the heat in the hall, why would we want to put them in charge of the kitchen?

Again, If you people will ignore RJidiot and BKFintollerable, we could have a rational discussion instead of getting derailed on "You voted for Bush!" "you didn't complain when blah, blah, blah"

They are broken records and someone with more internet savy than me should make up robo RJ and robo BKF, because it would bring the same value to a thread, however, it would be hard to know when to throw in Historical Truth, Nah, Ooops, Facts, Bridge to sell, and to program misspellings.

Bolb, Wrongor has lost it. He's either willfully ignorant or being an ass. Every honest person in America understands W and his cabal intentionally lied and misled the Congress before that vote.

This is undeniable, indisputable historical fact.

It is partisan dishonesty of epic level to keep throwing out this red herring.

Not true and irrelevant.

A) It was a joke...adapting, evolving, changing your mind after more information comes in, making sure you don't feel the same Wednesday as you did Monday regardless of what happened Tuesday. All signs of weakness in politicians who all do it themselves. Not everyone and every post is intended as confrontational. Assface. :)

B) You can't QFT a thread based on your own quote. That's scout league.

Bolb, Wrongor has lost it. He's either willfully ignorant or being an ass. Every honest person in America understands W and his cabal intentionally lied and misled the Congress before that vote.

This is undeniable, indisputable historical fact.

It is partisan dishonesty of epic level to keep throwing out this red herring.

Game

I understand that completely, but, evidently, a lot of people on this board do not. The Neo-Cons manipulated that entire situation after 9/11 (hell, maybe even before 9/11...who knows? People who would do what they did are capable of doing anything.). It wasn't fair to ask others to commit political suicide because the stupid, goddamned American people were so angry and gullible after 9/11 to swallow all the bullshit that came from an administration that had been determined to go to war for a long time. How much money did Cheney's former company (the company that paid him $39 million in 1999 and was still paying him thruout his time as vice-president) make from those $8-$10 billion in no-bid contracts as a result of the Iraq War? And no amount of lies could have sold that war to make those profits without 9/11. Bush needed 9/11 to get his war. I only know one thing for certain: The two men who benefitted the most politically from the Iraq War were George W Bush and Osama bin Laden.

CRAZY Set and Match.

Read my addition to that post and tell me why that was. If a president could be required to testify under oath about his sex life, why couldn't a president be required to testify as to what he knew leading up to the worst attack in history on the U.S. mainland?

And are you O.K. with a company paying a guy $39 million, then that guy steering $8-$10 billion in no-bid contracts to that country while he was the Vice President of the United States?

BKF, love ya, but I'm not jumping down your insane rabbit hole. I proposed people should ignore you and that idiot RJ and this is my last response. you have been such a good guy on bets, etc that you deserved at least that. But on this forum, I think you are crazier than a shit house rat.

A) It was a joke...adapting, evolving, changing your mind after more information comes in, making sure you don't feel the same Wednesday as you did Monday regardless of what happened Tuesday. All signs of weakness in politicians who all do it themselves. Not everyone and every post is intended as confrontational. Assface. :)

It was a joke. Get a sense of humor, shithead. ;)

It was a joke. Get a sense of humor, shithead. ;)

Touche'

so wait, if a person voted for Bush in 2004 that person is completely disqualified from issuing an opinion on an internet message board, but if a person actually voted in the US Senate to go to war in Iraq because of "political pressure", that person is not disqualified from being leader of the free world?

Awesome, glad we got that cleared up.

so wait, if a person voted for Bush in 2004 that person is completely disqualified from issuing an opinion on an internet message board, but if a person actually voted in the US Senate to go to war in Iraq because of "political pressure", that person is not disqualified from being leader of the free world?

Awesome, glad we got that cleared up.

923, the Senate didn't vote mostly on political pressure. They voted on cherrypicked data that was not reflective of the situation. They were intentionally misled. The vote in the Senate regarding was fixed by W. Some would have voted for the war no matter what the truth was. For many, the lies and lack of full date led them vote in a way they wouldn't have had they all the information that was available as well as knowing the Atta story and other so called confirmed input were flat out, orchestrated lies.

Under the circumstances, the Senate vote was totally meaningless.

923, the Senate didn't vote mostly on political pressure. They voted on cherrypicked data that was not reflective of the situation. They were intentionally misled. The vote in the Senate regarding was fixed by W. Some would have voted for the war no matter what the truth was. For many, the lies and lack of full date led them vote in a way they wouldn't have had they all the information that was available as well as knowing the Atta story and other so called confirmed input were flat out, orchestrated lies.

Under the circumstances, the Senate vote was totally meaningless.

And yet somehow, a guy named Barack Obama was able to withstand all the pressure and lies and do what was, in retrospect, the right thing, and it got him elected president.

Back