• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama's Legacy

Considering that one-third of "Americans" could never live with the fact that a black man was President, including that same percentage of Republican House members and Senators, I consider Mr. Obama's legacy terrific. I have lived 62 years, and consider him to be the best President in my lifetime.

An aging, dying (literally and figuratively), regional rural party can't survive by having their base be overtaken by younger voters who are repulsed by their candidates and policies.[/QUOTE]

Why fake news is so dangerous

"New Poll Shows That 41% of Republicans STILL Don’t Think Obama Was Born in the U.S."

August 11th, 2016

http://www.mediaite.com/online/new-...s-still-dont-think-obama-was-born-in-the-u-s/

Unreal

I would imagine this is a pretty misleading poll. It has a lot to do with how you ask the question.

If you ask "Are you sure that Obama was born in the US?" You will get a lot of, "he probably was, but I am not sure".
If you are looking for a certain result (Republicans are racist and think Obama is Kenyan), you mark that down as a negative.

If you instead ask "Do you think Obama was born in the US?" and the answer is "He probably was, but I don't know for sure". Your answer should be marked as a positive.

It's not so hard to make a poll support what you want. Most Americans barely know who their senators are and do not have really well formed opinions on a lot of things. All you have to do is manipulate the doubt and you can make the poll do good work.

Never really gave it any thought, but yes I do. He produced a birth certificate didn't he? Why would I question that?

I would imagine this is a pretty misleading poll. It has a lot to do with how you ask the question.

If you ask "Are you sure that Obama was born in the US?" You will get a lot of, "he probably was, but I am not sure".
If you are looking for a certain result (Republicans are racist and think Obama is Kenyan), you mark that down as a negative.

If you instead ask "Do you think Obama was born in the US?" and the answer is "He probably was, but I don't know for sure". Your answer should be marked as a positive.

It's not so hard to make a poll support what you want. Most Americans barely know who their senators are and do not have really well formed opinions on a lot of things. All you have to do is manipulate the doubt and you can make the poll do good work.

It's a fact, knowell. It's a basic fact. The answer is yes.

simos, you'll have to ask 41% of your fellow Republicans.

Well, no I asked you because you wanted to know my opinion. I assumed you had a reason, other than stereotyping me with that evil 41%.

Lots of people don't know lots of facts. That's a fact.

Welcome to America.

This was after he produced his birth certificate. How do you think the same question about Trump would do? At this point, there is more documented evidence of Obama's American birth than Trump's.

This was after he produced his birth certificate. How do you think the same question about Trump would do? At this point, there is more documented evidence of Obama's American birth than Trump's.

If you asked Dem's whether they think Trump has had someone killed, you would probably get a hit on at least 50%.

People believe what they want to believe and most people don't know a lot of facts.

If you asked Dem's whether they think Trump has had someone killed, you would probably get a hit on at least 50%.

People believe what they want to believe and most people don't know a lot of facts.

Do we have documented evidence that he hasn't? Because that would make this an apples to apples comparison, because you know that we have documented evidence of Obama's American birth? You do understand that, right?

Do we have documented evidence that he hasn't? Because that would make this an apples to apples comparison, because you know that we have documented evidence of Obama's American birth? You do understand that, right?

Proves my point.

Back