• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama's plan to reduce gun violence

You got banned for something...

He got banned for turning into a hysterical shrieking child over a cartoon that Milhouse posted.

As disgusting as his labeling of soldiers as terrorists was, he never got the banhammer for that.

I would probably take that off the internet Elkman.

Also I don't know how much more he could have done, it's not like he can just successfully circumvent Congress to make whatever laws he wants without it being ruled unconstitutional.

Then deny you called me an extremist.

I don't deny that I called you an extremist. You are. You are far, far out of the mainstream on this issue. 65% favor limiting the capacity of magazines/clips/drums/devices.

I would probably take that off the internet Elkman.

Also I don't know how much more he could have done, it's not like he can just successfully circumvent Congress to make whatever laws he wants without it being ruled unconstitutional.

No way that's his real phone number. If it is, he's too goddamn stupid to be allowed to own firearms.

elkman, you should take your phone number off the thread........that is a Verizon cellular number from Northern NJ...I think he lives in Jersey.

Last edited:
I don't deny that I called you an extremist. You are. You are far, far out of the mainstream on this issue. 65% favor limiting the capacity of magazines/clips/drums/devices.

BS then. Millions of law abiding citizens jut got sold out in NY state, tell me they did not...

BS then. Millions of law abiding citizens jut got sold out in NY state, tell me they did not...

Freedom of Information. If the government gave someone a gun permit, we deserve to know about it.

Ran out of steam as I work at night, heading to bed.

Is rj up early?

Require criminal background checks for all gun sales.

Take four executive actions to ensure information on dangerous individuals is available to the background check system.

Reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban.

Restore the 10-round limit on ammunition magazines.

Protect police by finishing the job of getting rid of armor-piercing bullets.

Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime.

End the freeze on gun violence research.

Make our schools safer with more school resource officers and school counselors, safer climates, and better emergency response plans.

Help ensure that young people get the mental health treatment they need.

Ensure health insurance plans cover mental health benefits.

http://kottke.org/13/01/obama-announces-plan-to-reduce-gun-violence

In other words, a lot of fluff and feelgood words.

I said before and I'll say it again. There isn't a damn thing he or anybody else can do about gun violence short of killing a bunch of bad guys.

So glad to see this is being done. Was really surprised to learn the lengths the NRA had gone to to squash such research. Truly disgusting.

What was disgusting is why they strongarmed the research in the first place-- the exact reason you're decrying their involvement. Federal money was being used by gun grabbers to justify "gun science" and provide talking points for Brady and HCI. It is the same thing that is going to happen again. It isn't like this stuff didn't continue to go on anyway-- it just was funneled through NIH instead of CDC like every other brand of research is.

The benefits of "gun science" are very debatable, and whenever you involve science in anything political, it is destined to be tainted in one form or the other.

In other words, a lot of fluff and feelgood words.

I said before and I'll say it again. There isn't a damn thing he or anybody else can do about gun violence short of killing a bunch of bad guys.

What was disgusting is why they strongarmed the research in the first place-- the exact reason you're decrying their involvement. Federal money was being used by gun grabbers to justify "gun science" and provide talking points for Brady and HCI. It is the same thing that is going to happen again. It isn't like this stuff didn't continue to go on anyway-- it just was funneled through NIH instead of CDC like every other brand of research is.

The benefits of "gun science" are very debatable, and whenever you involve science in anything political, it is destined to be tainted in one form or the other.

kill people or ignore the problem. great ideas

should the NTSB be prevented from researching what cars are being driven in fatal crashes?

God forbid that politicians make decisions based on actual research rather than uninformed opinion. That would be horrible.

Back