• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Odom

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score
“Coach (Dave) Odom and I went for dinner (Monday) night and when I picked him up I said, ‘Coach, where do you want to go to eat?’ And he said, ‘Why don’t we go to the Rotisserie Factory here in Winston-Salem. …The last coach I took there, won. So let’s go again,’ ” said a smiling [Redacted], referring to Odom treating Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim to dinner before the Orange beat Wake Forest to start the seven-game losing skid.

http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/colleges/demon-deacons-make-adjust-to-halt-slide-1.282985

I'm glad to see Odom so involved with our program. Hopefully, the next coach is someone we can actually enjoy hearing these anecdotes from.

When I go out on the town for dinner, it's rotisserie chicken that first comes to mind.

Hope buzz could handle that $28 tab!

Odom is hanging around trying to be helpful. I think he would like to succeed Wellman as AD. In any event, Buzz must be simply overwhelmed with delight that anyone from the Wake Forest community -other than Wellman - is willing to talk to him, and going out to diner with Odom must be his highlight Wake Forest social event of the year.

Odom is hanging around trying to be helpful. I think he would like to succeed Wellman as AD. In any event, Buzz must be simply overwhelmed with delight that anyone from the Wake Forest community -other than Wellman - is willing to talk to him, and going out to diner with Odom must be his highlight Wake Forest social event of the year.

Very seriously doubt that.

Odom is 71... he's not after Ron's job.

Bzzz no longer gets the benefit of the doubt. Obviously it's hard to convey his tone and smile, but am I the only one that read it as Bzzz trying to troll the fans by specifically making a point that Odom took Boheim out to dinner?

"Hey guys, look, it's really Odom's fault!"

When I go out on the town for dinner, it's rotisserie chicken that first comes to mind.

Hope buzz could handle that $28 tab!

Odom picked a place where a dinner would last less than an hour, since he had to have dinner with Buzz. He didn't want to have a lengthy meal at a nice restaurant, where Buzz would embarrass him by tucking his napkin into the top of his shirt.

Bzzz no longer gets the benefit of the doubt. Obviously it's hard to convey his tone and smile, but am I the only one that read it as Bzzz trying to troll the fans by specifically making a point that Odom took Boheim out to dinner?

"Hey guys, look, it's really Odom's fault!"

Hopefully, Buzz was looking for free advice on how to negotiate a severance package from Wake. Glad he did not stand Dave Odom up

Odom must have the patience of Jobe to even spend less than an hour at dinner with Bzz...and Odom has probably forgotten more about being a WF BB coach than Bzz would ever know.:thumbsup:

I thought he could have left off the part about picking up the tab. Bz is unfunny. He's that guy who can't tell a joke but wants to be funny...it's just awkward and uncomfortable.

I will say that GDO likes to talk...and will talk to anyone. I doubt Bz did a lot of talking.

Last time Odom was in town [Redacted] gave Odom an Armani suit. It didn't fit [Redacted] anymore because he's been working out -- he's huge. So Odom owed him a dinner. [Redacted] only ordered soup, so now Odom owes him another meal.

Last time Odom was in town [Redacted] gave Odom an Armani suit. It didn't fit [Redacted] anymore because he's been working out -- he's huge. So Odom owed him a dinner. [Redacted] only ordered soup, so now Odom owes him another meal.

Soup isn't a meal.

Maybe Odom was trying to convince him to quit.

He was on a mission of mercy at the rotisserie chicken joint

I love Dave Odom. I'm not sure if he was still at USC when Skip passed, but he would have been a great interim coach for that year.

I thought he could have left off the part about picking up the tab. Bz is unfunny. He's that guy who can't tell a joke but wants to be funny...it's just awkward and uncomfortable.

I will say that GDO likes to talk...and will talk to anyone. I doubt Bz did a lot of talking.

buzz is a fucking loser

can you imagine pitino eating rotisserie chicken dinner with another coach?

i get it. i get it. buzzy is SO busy coaching, he doesn't have time to worry about stuff like that

shocked he didn't no show on odom

i am assuming odom drove!

hey buzz, you stink

can you imagine pitino eating rotisserie chicken dinner with another coach?

Pitino seems like more of a Colonel Sanders/Kentucky Fried Chicken guy to me.

esq-11-rick-pitino-white-suit-031412-de.jpg

Additionally, I think Pitino likes using restaurants for knocking up hood rats.

Last edited:
I called into Dave on a Richmond station last month and asked his perspective on Wake bball and he was very defensive of and supportive of Buzz. I am sure he would do what he could to help him. I think Dave was a good coach and he is a better person.

Back