• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Odom

I love Dave Odom. I'm not sure if he was still at USC when Skip passed, but he would have been a great interim coach for that year.

He was at South Carolina until 2008.

and I wouldn't expect Odom to be over-critical of another coach. He still does games for Raycom and doesn't he do work for Maui?

I think Dave was a good coach and he is a better person.

Disagree with the first part as he was a very good coach but agree 100% with the second.

He would have this current Wake team at .500 in the ACC just by coaching them to guard and hit the boards.

He was at South Carolina until 2008.

and I wouldn't expect Odom to be over-critical of another coach. He still does games for Raycom and doesn't he do work for Maui?

Yeah, he got us into the Maui tournament next season, IIRC.

Yeah, he got us into the Maui tournament next season, IIRC.

I think you are right, and there is no way [Redacted] gives up a free trip to Hawaii. It's going to be a long 3/4 weeks as this all plays out.

I think you are right, and there is no way [Redacted] gives up a free trip to Hawaii. It's going to be a long 3/4 weeks as this all plays out.

[Redacted] probably thinks his beach house on the NC coast is just as good as anything that Maui could offer.

Odom is hanging around trying to be helpful. I think he would like to succeed Wellman as AD. In any event, Buzz must be simply overwhelmed with delight that anyone from the Wake Forest community -other than Wellman - is willing to talk to him, and going out to diner with Odom must be his highlight Wake Forest social event of the year.

Doubtful, how could he be the AD for a school without the name of the state in it?

Disagree with the first part as he was a very good coach but agree 100% with the second.

He would have this current Wake team at .500 in the ACC just by coaching them to guard and hit the boards.

Dave Odom would have this team with this schedule on the NCAAT bubble with 20 wins. Dave was a great coach, but hit and miss recruiter, though he did have some big hits obviously. And when he had top tier talent, he knew what to do with it. If Odom could have taken over after Skip passed away, we might have another ACCT trophy or two and a Final Four. Still kills me Chill got sick after his big ACCT, and Rutland's knee injury in the ACCT finals. We really could have done some damage in those NCAAT's.

Dave Odom would have this team with this schedule on the NCAAT bubble with 20 wins. Dave was a great coach, but hit and miss recruiter, though he did have some big hits obviously. And when he had top tier talent, he knew what to do with it. If Odom could have taken over after Skip passed away, we might have another ACCT trophy or two and a Final Four. Still kills me Chill got sick after his big ACCT, and Rutland's knee injury in the ACCT finals. We really could have done some damage in those NCAAT's.

Didn't Odom run off a string of wins at UVA when he took over for Holland during one season when Holland was ill or whatever was going on?

Odom would kick buzzholes ass

dude won 3 NITs. that means he could win. some bad breaks kept him from cutting down the only nets that matter

I am aware that it probably wouldn't please a man of your culinary snobbery, moonzzzzy.

50c7cfb1e8a41.preview-300.jpg

Imagine our next coach getting us into the NCAA tourney in his second year and then being in the postseason every single season afterwards. Imagine our next coach winning back to back ACC tourneys. Imagine him recruiting some of the absolute best players ever to set foot on wake"s campus. And be an all around good guy through it all. Holy cow, we would love that guy and want him to baptize our children. That was Odom and the fans that went through the Staak era certainly appreciate him more than the younger post Staak fans did.

Back