• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Odom

As I said, the only 4*.:D My bad, though. How could I forget Loren Woods? While I think we all agree that Lute Olsen used him better than Odom did, Woods just had zero lower body strength. He may have been the easiest big ever to push out of the lane.

Kid has a ring, though. As a starter.

It was more about Mahktar blaming somebody else if he got in trouble, even if that guy was the ACC POY.

Does anyone else remember the commercial that Rutland and Duncan did in a library and the one liner at the end was "Ask John Wooden"?

They were so high for that commercial. I wish I could find it on the interwebs, but I don't think it ever made it.

there is no way that a person from the virgin islands smokes weed. i refuse to believe it!

Odom had some serious Little Man disease though. I saw him lose his temper on campus a few times. Not at games...but in the Pit and on the Mag Quad (I'm sorry {clears throat} "Manchester Plaza").

Does anyone still have the pic/gif of Odom's head on a squirrel's body? That was a classic.

Odom had some serious Little Man disease though. I saw him lose his temper on campus a few times. Not at games...but in the Pit and on the Mag Quad (I'm sorry {clears throat} "Manchester Plaza").

Does anyone still have the pic/gif of Odom's head on a squirrel's body? That was a classic.

And he taught the possession arrow at GT a thing or two!

What did he lose his temper over? His order?

Even more funny, in a not so funny way, is that Sean Allen was a transfer and Wake at the time was all uppity about transfers.

I mean if you are going to break some unwritten rule about transfers do it with a badass from a community college in Texas not Sean "I can't tell if he actually played by the boxscore" Allen.

I am pretty sure that Allen's situation totally fit the unwritten transfer rule. He started out at USF (qualified out of HS), left after a year and went to a JC, so he didn't have to sit out, and then came to Wake. I believe the rule is that we won't take a JC player that did not originaly qualify out of HS.

I am pretty sure that Allen's situation totally fit the unwritten transfer rule. He started out at USF (qualified out of HS), left after a year and went to a JC, so he didn't have to sit out, and then came to Wake. I believe the rule is that we won't take a JC player that did not originaly qualify out of HS.

this is correct

Does anyone else remember the commercial that Rutland and Duncan did in a library and the one liner at the end was "Ask John Wooden"?

They were so high for that commercial. I wish I could find it on the interwebs, but I don't think it ever made it.

That doesn't sound familiar at all.

That doesn't sound familiar at all.

BAH HUMBUG!

I think it would have been in the 96-97 season. It was just Tony and Timmy talking about the library and then somebody asked about NCAA Championships and Duncan looked in the book and said, "Ask Coach John Wooden." or something like that. Then they both did the "dude, I'm so high right now" laugh.

Neither Antonio Jackson nor William Stringfellow could beat out Allen at PF.

Allen's presence on the court made it very easy for (smart) teams to double team Duncan in the low block since Allen had 0 offensive skills and rarely even made an offensive move of any kind.

Jackson had good offensive skills, so that probably annoyed Odom - think 43-8 halftime score - as we made a shot near the end of the half to cut the lead to 33.

Odom surrounded Duncan with Rutland, Braswell, Allen, Peral and Goolsby as sixth man. I mean read those names!

Rutland was the only one who deserved to be on an ACC court. Sean freakin Allen?

Ultimately, that's my overriding memory of Odom; a complete failure at putting together a team around Duncan that could win a national championship.

Antonio Jackson was the preview of Antwan Scott. Odom didn't use either effectively.

Back