• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Went .500 this week in college football

Went 2-2 in nfl yesterday (packers to cover and chargers +3.5, missed panthers - yikes and bills -1.5)

So slightly down this weekend overall. Just waiting for Bovada to post the Miami-FSU game so I can hammer Miami. They opened on the early books at +6 and I have that as Miami -4 at FSU.

Alabama opens at -16.0 vs LSU next weekend. Seems quite a bit much to me!

Was accurate as far as what was on my iPhone on the ESPN college football site. Now it happens to show Alabama -8.0 but yesterday it was Bama -16.0. Tua will make a huge difference although it did not matter with the Arkansas game.

Maybe you need to run some updates on your phone :)....at no point in the last 6 weeks would that line have been accurate based on each team's season to date. Perhaps it was back in July before the season started.

I like Ravens +4 this weekend. They will run down the Pats throat.

I think it'll be a competitive game, and yes, we should be able to run some. And I don't think NE is going to score a ton on us. But this is a tough 6 game stretch - @Sea, NE, Hou, @LAR and SF.

And speaking of lines, there are a lot of home dogs this week. Home teams once again had a losing record against the spread last week, though the favorites finally broke through.

The Bama/LSU "Game of the Year" line has been over 10 most of the season, even w/ LSU playing so well.

I have no idea how that game will play out, but I'd have a hard time not taking LSU if the line got back to double digits.

The Bama/LSU "Game of the Year" line has been over 10 most of the season, even w/ LSU playing so well.

I have no idea how that game will play out, but I'd have a hard time not taking LSU if the line got back to double digits.

Well I stand corrected then....guess Vegas weighs that coaching mismatch a little higher than I thought, because the teams have performed pretty similarly to date, and LSU has played a much tougher schedule to date. Alabama does have the home field as well, though it won't be a night game this year.

GA Southern/App U44
Bowling Green -6
Rice +11
Kansas +6
NW/IU U44
Colorado/UCLA O64

Also, will be on Baylor tonight against WV, but the line has kind of gotten out of control (-18). The world is on Miami against FSU. Opened at FSU -6; it's now -3. Both teams will try to find a way to lose, but FSU has a far superior offense. UNC (-2/5)/UVA is a huge game for the Division title. Seems inevitable this game will go down to the final seconds. Shade UVA, but probably because I want UNC to lose.

SMU @ Memphis (-5.5)
Miami (+4.5) @ FSU
Arkansas State (-2) @ UL Monroe
Virginia (+2.5) @ UNC
FAU (+1.5) @ Western Kentucky
Northwestern @ Indiana (-11)

UVA has been bad on the road and Perkins’ leg injury raises some concern but with 2.5 points that’s solid value - may even take them outright.

Got the first two earlier this week as soon as they opened on my book. They’ve moved to Memphis -6 and Miami +3 (as Pilch pointed out).

Last edited:
I’m leaning towards a small bet on the U44.5 in the App game tonight due to weather and Georgia Southern offense.

Also Illinois -20 over Rutgers seems like a lot but do you ever really wanna bet on Rutgers?

GA Southern/App U44
Bowling Green -6
Rice +11
Kansas +6
NW/IU U44
Colorado/UCLA O64

Also, will be on Baylor tonight against WV, but the line has kind of gotten out of control (-18). The world is on Miami against FSU. Opened at FSU -6; it's now -3. Both teams will try to find a way to lose, but FSU has a far superior offense. UNC (-2/5)/UVA is a huge game for the Division title. Seems inevitable this game will go down to the final seconds. Shade UVA, but probably because I want UNC to lose.

Just went with a Baylor -8, App St under 54.5, Ga So + 25 teaser for tonight. Teasers always seem impossible to lose when you place them, hence the name.

Yeah, I am on Memphis -5.5 and UVA +2.5, as well.

Don't really like anything else in college this week.

Rumors floating around that Tylan Wallace (Oklahoma State star receiver) tore his acl yesterday in practice. TCU is +3 at the Cowboys

Well I stand corrected then....guess Vegas weighs that coaching mismatch a little higher than I thought, because the teams have performed pretty similarly to date, and LSU has played a much tougher schedule to date. Alabama does have the home field as well, though it won't be a night game this year.

I didn't say I agreed with the line at all that the ESPN site on my iPhone was giving on Monday. We are at lunch and look at most all the ACC games for the week and also where big games are being played for the next few weeks so the LSU @ Bama game was looked at. It happens to be one of the few games in the Top 25 for next week that have lines already--like Penn State @ Minn & Iowa @ Wisconsin. Looks like maybe all 6 of those teams happen to be off this week. It was striking obviously to see that it was Bama -16 on Monday. It did change to Bama -8 on Tuesday and today is at Bama -7.0. Don't know why it showed that but it was surprising. I tried to find it on my Bookmaker account on Monday and was going to grab some of that if I could. Could not. I can get NFL games 2 weeks in advance sometimes though.

That said, luckily San Fran came thru last night so I advance to week 10 in the Suicide Pool. 6 of the 11 left took SF. Hopefully some of the other 5 will take some losers on Sunday!

BYU +3 @ Utah St
Wash +3 over Utah
VT +17.5 @ ND
Auburn -19 over Ole Miss
BC +3 @ Syracuse
FL + 6 vs UGa

Miami +3 vs Jets
TB +5 @ Seattle
Philly -4 vs Bears

I’m leaning towards a small bet on the U44.5 in the App game tonight due to weather and Georgia Southern offense.

Also Illinois -20 over Rutgers seems like a lot but do you ever really wanna bet on Rutgers?

24-21 final? Was it 44.5 or 54.5?

44.5 sadly. It dropped to 41 by kickoff. Took the L there. Still good value overall on the bet - the two explosive plays from Ga. Southern ran it over.

Wallace torn ACL confirmed for Oklahoma State. Game is off the books as far as I can tell for the time being. Got it at +3 (-105) yesterday as soon as rumors swirled, dropped to +2.5 (-110) before the end of the day.

Given the number of targets Wallace has for the Cowboys and their explosive play count (of which he’s a high volume contributor) I anticipate he’s worth 1-1.5 points on the spread.

I bet it reopens at 1.5 today

Was accurate as far as what was on my iPhone on the ESPN college football site. Now it happens to show Alabama -8.0 but yesterday it was Bama -16.0. Tua will make a huge difference although it did not matter with the Arkansas game.

we all saw the -16 line as well, crazy change, we all agree

Back