• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Michigan-21 Maryland
ULa La -22/ Texas state
Arkansas St. -2 ULa M
UVA +2/ UNC
UAB +12 Tennessee

Hawaii -2.5
Indiana -10
UVA +2.5
NC State +7.5
Colts -1.5
FL +6.5

Added Rutgers +20 at Illinois. I don't like betting on Rutgers but 20 points is a ton for this game.

SMU @ Memphis (-5.5)
Miami (+4.5) @ FSU
Arkansas State (-2) @ UL Monroe
Virginia (+2.5) @ UNC
FAU (+1.5) @ Western Kentucky
Northwestern @ Indiana (-11)

UVA has been bad on the road and Perkins’ leg injury raises some concern but with 2.5 points that’s solid value - may even take them outright.

Got the first two earlier this week as soon as they opened on my book. They’ve moved to Memphis -6 and Miami +3 (as Pilch pointed out).

LFG, now explain how you plan on losing all your new money on the nfl today?

Haha yeah had a solid day yesterday. Eagles -4.5 is the only line I really like. Lots of tight lines overall.

I’m at 61 percent the last five weeks in CFB and 54 percent for the season.

College hoops:

Bradley/St. Joe's O 143.5 (both teams are going super-uptempo this year)
Clemson -6.5 (both teams lost a lot, but Clemson is ahead as they have Brownell back and he took the team to Europe this Summer -- they played well)
KS -2 (usually love Duke at the start of the season, but seems like this is the softest freshman class K has had in awhile)
UNC-Asheville +29.5 (UNCA has almost everyone back and NC State transfer Lavar Batts is eligible; TN lost Williams and Schofield)

If you can get information, no sport has looser lines right now than college basketball. Just so many teams, the linemakers admit that they can't stay on top of the games this early.

What do we make of Wake + 2.5 @ BC tomorrow night? I kinda like the Deacs actually.

Early CFB picks this week:

Notre Dame (-6.5) @ Duke (moved to 8 already)
Texas Tech (-2) @ West Virginia (already 2.5)
Purdue (+2) @ Northwestern
Liberty (+17) @ BYU

I don’t think NW should be favored against many teams right now and they haven’t scored a TD in three games. I had this Purdue -4.5.

BYU still uncertain on starting QB. I had that line at -7.5 so not quite sure why the line is 17 (and I saw opening line at 20 before dropping quickly)

Leans:

Georgia Southern @ Troy (+115)
Louisville @ Miami (-6.5)
Penn State @ Minnesota (+7)
Washington State (-7.5) @ California
Western Kentucky (+1.5) @ Arkansas

If Minnesota line gets to 7.5 or 8 I’ll take it. We don’t know how good Minnesota is but over a TD dog at home is great value IMO.

Clemson -32 @ State [Dabo will use #5 ranking to his advantage & State is bad!]
AF -21.5 @ NM State
K St +7 @ Texas
Liberty @ BYU -17 [Liberty 3rd straight road game & at altitude]
App St @ SC -5 [undefeated shine off App & SC played much tougher schedule]
UAB +7 @ S Miss

Cincy @ Balt -10
Minn +3 @ Dallas
Buffalo +3 @ Cleveland

Troy now +130 to win outright. WKU now down to +1.

Missed the value on Kansas State earlier this week at +215 outright.

Bama/LSU U64
Ariz. State +1.5
L'ville +6.5
Iowa +9
UGA -17
GT +16

Baltimore versus Cincy is as big a trap game as you will ever find in the NFL. Baltimore is coming off its game of the year, a thrashing of the Pats. Cincy is coming off a bye. They already played in Baltimore (Ravens won by 6), and now the Ravens are giving double digits on the road? Realize that Cincy blows, but they are familiar with the Baltimore offense. Held it down once. Seems like a perfect spot for the Ravens to sleep walk. That said, hard to risk money on Ryan Finley making his first NFL start on a bad team that wants to lose.

Last edited:
Bama/LSU U64
Ariz. State +1.5
L'ville +6.5
Iowa +9
UGA -17
GT +16

Baltimore versus Cincy is as big a trap game as you will ever find in the NFL. Baltimore is coming off its game of the year, a thrashing of the Pats. Cincy is coming off a bye. They already played in Baltimore (Ravens won by 6), and now the Ravens are giving double digits on the road? Realize that Cincy blows, but they are familiar with the Baltimore offense. Held it down once. Seems like a perfect spot for the Ravens to sleep walk. That said, hard to risk money on Ryan Finley making his first NFL start on a bad team that wants to lose.

If Dalton were playing, I'd jump on the +10. Cincy has always given us trouble, and Dalton was back shouldering us to death in week 4. But I'm not jumping on Cincy with Finley making his 1st start now that we have Jimmy Smith healthy to add to Peters and Humphrey at CB.

Finley an unknown commodity though. Agree with Pilch does seem like a good spot to back the Bengals

Finley an unknown commodity though. Agree with Pilch does seem like a good spot to back the Bengals

I know it's a trap game in between NE & Hou, but I wouldn't bet on Finley to cover against that secondary. If you want pro dogs this week, I think Buf+3, Mia+10.5 (probably w/o Brissett & Hylton), Det+2.5, Sea+6 and Arz+4.5 are better bets. I currently have Ind in my eliminator pool, but I'm thinking about switching to GB because of their injuries.

Like Arizona the least of those. They've been on a strong covering run, due to end soon

Bet the VT/WF under. Our skill guys are banged/nicked up, playing on grass w/ some residual moisture, on road in tough environment, against team that won't throw a lot.

I retract this recommendation if there is evidence of the following 1) Hooker is playing, 2) Scotty/Hinton are full go, 3) Farley/Chatman aren't 100% (both left ND game at points). Waller is their best all-around CB, so his first half absence will hurt, but I can't assign more than 3 points to the Waller/Chatman differential.

Def has been some big action on the under, down several points from open

Going to be chilly in Blacksburg. In the 40s for kickoff, could drop into the 30s by the end of game. Would be surprised if Hooker doesn't play. Maybe he's really good, but I watched the VT offense with him at QB struggle to score against Rhode Island.

Where can I find updated odds on Wake winning the ACC championship? Everything I see is from the preseason.

My wife snagged a 200:1 ticket back in August and I'm curious what the current odds are.

Where can I find updated odds on Wake winning the ACC championship? Everything I see is from the preseason.

My wife snagged a 200:1 ticket back in August and I'm curious what the current odds are.

Probably 250:1.

Back