• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Georgia St/Coastal Line down to +/-6 from what I'm seeing.

Didn't like a lot of the lines I saw for CFB, but here we go:
  • ML Colorado @ Oregon
  • ML SMU @ TCU
  • ML USF @ Rice
  • Troy -3.5 against WKU
  • GT/Wake Under 60.5 (thinking Ophelia slows down both offenses. Gonna be windy and probably a little slick still)
  • App @ Wyoming Over 42.5

Tonight, digging Elijah Mitchell over 29.5 yards rushing. Shanahan voiced his disappointment not getting him out there last week and CMac playing so many snaps. Add on they can dominate the Giants, think he gets about 10 carries and should cash.

I don't expect the Giants to get a lot going tonight, but I do think that there is some value in a couple of the receiving odds. Hodgins at 29.5 when he's likely to see 5+ targets seems reasonable. Slayton same boat over 34.5 (juiced on his number though to -135). I mean somebody is going to have to get some receiving yards when they're down and throwing the ball other than Waller right?

This is a dumb question but I don't bet NCAAF props. I know that sack yards count as negative rushing yards in general but do they also count as negative rush yards for gambling purposes?

For some reason, my illegal book has all future Nebraska games (and only Nebraska). Any potential value in any of these? I don't watch the Big Ten.

vs Michigan (+13)
@ Illinois (+3.5)
vs Northwestern (-21)
vs Purdue (-9.5)
@ Michigan State (-6)
vs Maryland (-3)
@ Wisconsin (+7)
vs Iowa (+1)

I'm not a Nebraska fan either as far as watching their games, but I almost universally like taking the opponent in those games and think Nebraska is rated a little high in general on that book.

I mean I like Purdue at +9.5 the most of those games. I think that should be like Nebraska -3.5 or -4.5 worst case right now barring injuries. I think Michigan State is absolutely favored at home against Nebraska if that game happened this weekend. Michigan State is ahead of Nebraska in basically ever power rating I see. Guess we'll see what the hell goes on with Michigan State the rest of the season with extraneous circumstances going on though so I wouldn't bet on that personally

Here’s what I got:

Clemson ML +115
FSU/Clemson o55.5
Kentucky -13.5
Rice ML -135
WF -3.5
App/Wyoming o43
Louisiana -8.5 (from earlier, now up to -10)
UAB/UGA o54.5
Iowa/PSU o40
Kent/Fresno u50 (now at 48.5)
7 pt Teaser (NCST -2, Syracuse -6.5, Maryland -0.5, App/Wyoming o36)

Missing the Niners first half under 22.5 was a brutal beat. 10 points in the last 2 min. SF converted 4 third and longs on their 2 TD drives, all runs after the catch and 1 completion on a deflection 20 yards downfield. And then Gano hits a 57 yarder right before the horn.

I don't expect the Giants to get a lot going tonight, but I do think that there is some value in a couple of the receiving odds. Hodgins at 29.5 when he's likely to see 5+ targets seems reasonable. Slayton same boat over 34.5 (juiced on his number though to -135). I mean somebody is going to have to get some receiving yards when they're down and throwing the ball other than Waller right?
The answer was they simply were not going to get yards. So that was easy

Taking Grayson McCall over 13.5 rushing yards
he finished with -9. There were many times when he'd scramble out and stop at the line of scrimmage and throw the ball instead of taking 4-7 yard run. Annoying. He used to run a ton when I watched him a couple years ago. Guess he doesn't anymore. Tim Beck has ruined Coastal's offense in 2 months. Impressive.

Beck is seriously one of the worst OCs in the country, and keeps getting hired. He managed to ruin the 2015 Ohio State offense that had JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, Ezekiel Elliott, Michael Thomas, Braxton Miller, Curtis Samuel, Terry McLaurin, Noah Brown, Parris Campbell, and 3 NFL OL. A 4th grader calling plays on NCAA '14 could score a lot more than: 20 vs. Northern Illinois, 28 vs. Minnesota & Illinois, and 14 against a mediocre Michigan St team at home in a loss.

Not that anyone probably cares, but I obviously have not forgiven that clown.

Beck is seriously one of the worst OCs in the country, and keeps getting hired. He managed to ruin the 2015 Ohio State offense that had JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, Ezekiel Elliott, Michael Thomas, Braxton Miller, Curtis Samuel, Terry McLaurin, Noah Brown, Parris Campbell, and 3 NFL OL. A 4th grader calling plays on NCAA '14 could score a lot more than: 20 vs. Northern Illinois, 28 vs. Minnesota & Illinois, and 14 against a mediocre Michigan St team at home in a loss.

Not that anyone probably cares, but I obviously have not forgiven that clown.
Tim Beck and Matt Canada see each other in the mirror

Back