• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Bets for this week, and I'll probably toss on a couple more just given how many quality games there are:

Virginia under 18.5 points team total
Rutgers (+24.5) @ Michigan
Western Kentucky @ Troy (-3.5)
BYU (+9.5) @ Kansas
Georgia Tech @ Wake Forest (-3.5)
App @ Wyoming Over 42.5
UCF @ Kansas State (-6)

Do we ride our Flames yet again? 10 is a decent amount on the road, but I'll probably still fire.

Arkansas +18 is also tempting. I'm not sure LSU is as dominant as they seemed last week, nor is Arkansas as bad as they showed vs. BYU.

Do we ride our Flames yet again? 10 is a decent amount on the road, but I'll probably still fire.

Arkansas +18 is also tempting. I'm not sure LSU is as dominant as they seemed last week, nor is Arkansas as bad as they showed vs. BYU.
I haven’t bet Liberty yet but still may. I had that 13.5 but road game and FIU seems….okay (minus their utter inability to move the ball week 0 against Louisiana tech)? The last three weeks I had a 7 point difference at least between liberty and the Vegas line which has actually paid off 3 times

Consider these stats:
  • Narduzzi at Pitt 6-1 as a home conference dogs of 3 or more (covering by 12 points ppg)
  • Pitt has won 5 straight outright as a home dog
  • 15 of Pitt's first 16 plays against WV were running plays; UNC is 113th against the run; Pitt didn't throw its third pass against UNC until there was less than five minutes to go in the 1st half (the problem was that Jurkovec was so bad he managed to throw multiple picks anyway); Pitt is just going to run, run, run, run, UNC can't stop the run...
Anyone have the balls to take Pitt (+7) on Saturday?

Consider these stats:
  • Narduzzi at Pitt 6-1 as a home conference dogs of 3 or more (covering by 12 points ppg)
  • Pitt has won 5 straight outright as a home dog
  • 15 of Pitt's first 16 plays against WV were running plays; UNC is 113th against the run; Pitt didn't throw its third pass against UNC until there was less than five minutes to go in the 1st half (the problem was that Jurkovec was so bad he managed to throw multiple picks anyway); Pitt is just going to run, run, run, run, UNC can't stop the run...
Anyone have the balls to take Pitt (+7) on Saturday?
I'm not particularly happy about it but I do have the 7.5

It's up to 8 for me. Seems like the kind of game that UNC struggles with.

FWIW, Drake Maye has only 4 TDs, while throwing 4 INTs through the first three games. They are 3-0, but he's not putting up the numbers that you would expect from a potential #1 overall draft pick.

"Most tickets" means most bets (regardless of amount); "most handle" means the most total money bet on a side:

I don’t understand the App Wyoming total and that makes me think Vegas is onto something. I have that easily slated for the 50s and I got it at 42.5. Neither defense is particularly stout and they have reasonable offenses. Always worrying when the Vegas number is off lol

I don’t understand the App Wyoming total and that makes me think Vegas is onto something. I have that easily slated for the 50s and I got it at 42.5. Neither defense is particularly stout and they have reasonable offenses. Always worrying when the Vegas number is off lol
Both teams prefer to run. New clock rules too. But it does seem low.

Yep, two run based attacks. Wyoming has a strong rush D. Also, there is a trend of Wyoming unders at home. This year, Wyoming and Texas Tech combined for 40 points in regulation (the total was 50.5); and there other home game against Portland State went under. Wyoming also went under last week at Texas. OTOH, App is 3 for 3 overs this year, and all have been way over.

Rutgers +24.5
Nevada over 60
Troy -3.5
Louisiana -9.5
Jax St -4
Hawaii -2.5
Utah St +5

So facts & figures after Week 3:
Teams that are 3-0 ATS—Tex St, OK, Cuse, Ole Miss, Oregon, Liberty, Rice, UNLV, Penn St, Indiana, Zona (no longer Coastal)

Team that are 0-fer ATS—Vandy (0-4), Ariz St, Michigan, UTSA, Troy, NC State, FAU, ILL, Minnesota,

Teams 3-0 over—N Texas, Appy St, Buffalo, FSU, UVa, GT, Cincy, LSU, BC

Teams 3-0 under—Ohio, Mich, USF, Ariz St, Minn, Jax St, Zona, Ok St, ULM, Utah, Iowa St, UGa, Akron, UConn, Temple

Back