• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

If Clemson wins today the ACC is just wide open for the title game. Louisville probably in a great spot given they avoid FSU Clemson and UNC and play BC VT UVA State Pitt Tech then Duke and Miami as their toughest two games lol

Wake -4
Clemson/FSU u55.5
Rice -2
Ohio State -3
OSU/ND u55.5
Oregon State -2.5
Hawaii -2.5
LT/Nebraska u45.5
NW/Minn u39.5
Marshall -6

let's light some money on fire

Bets for this week, and I'll probably toss on a couple more just given how many quality games there are:

Virginia under 18.5 points team total - BIG FAT LOSER (touchdown under a minute to hit)
Rutgers (+24.5) @ Michigan - Winner by half a point!
Western Kentucky @ Troy (-3.5) - Troy up 10 with 5:30 left...get a stop!
BYU (+9.5) @ Kansas
Georgia Tech @ Wake Forest (-3.5)
App @ Wyoming Over 42.5
UCF @ Kansas State (-6)
We are putting last night's failures behind us and I promise you we will be the best we can be the rest of the season. I'm sorry for anybody we've let down (my gambling account)

Troy fumbled running into the end zone to go up 17 and Western Kentucky drove down for a quick TD to cut the lead to 3. NOT GOOD
Good for some!

4-1-1 to start with the Clemson choke being the only loss. Afternoon slate not as kind. 2 Kansas defensive TDs is brutal as are a bunch of turnovers in my Ophelia under games.

Some rough endings on games I bet this week. Uva scored under a minute to go over their team total. Troy fumbled running into the end zone to go up 17 with 5 minutes left and then allowed an 80 yard touchdown drive. App threw a god awful pick under 20 seconds inside the 30 just needing any points to hit the over (and a FG to tie the game). louisiana was up 3 TDs with 5 minutes left and buffalo scored twice for the backdoor cover.

liberty though is 4-0 ATS so thats been a worthy ride.

I’ve never had a day with more bad beats than yesterday.

• Clemson missed a chip shot FG which likely would have won in regulation
  • UMass scored a TD with 45 seconds to go to hit the over
  • UConn scored an absolutely meaningless TD with 15 seconds to go to hit the over
  • Ole Miss missed wide open WR in end zone with a minute or so to go to either push or have a chance to cover if they went for 2
  • BYU gave up 2 defensive TDs and failed to cover (I had it at 10) by 1
  • The App and Louisiana games you mention

Luckily they were all 1 unit but that’s 13-14 unit swings. Plus a couple horrible reads in Iowa ATS and Minnesota/NW under.

Down 5 units on the day overall.

I ended up 3-5 for the weekend. Hit liberty Rutgers and Kansas state. Lost wake (lolol) uva team total byu over app and Troy. All one unit bets roughly -110 a piece so down like 2.3 units

Absolutely a wild week for bad beats

Not a bad beat, but a bad push for anyone that had ND +3. It sat at 3.5 for most of the week, but dropped to +3 on Saturday.

Not only did tOSU score on the last offensive play of the game to go up 2 (ND still covering the +3). The game looked to be over at 16-14; both teams on the field, but the reffs put one second back on the clock; so, tOSU has the extra point pending. The smart move for tOSU at the point was to just take a knee on the PAT because (while unlikely) ND's best chance to win the game was to black the PAT attempt and take it back for 2 points. The one point for tOSU meant nothing for them as with one second left and tOSU kicking off, a ND FG was an impossibility. Yet. tOSU kicked the PAT anyway to win 17-14. Most ND ATS bets covered, but not all.

The Clemson and Louisiana losses were rough. Clemson out-gained FSU by 100 yards, out first-downed them and led for the vast majority of the game. Also, losing on a dog in OT is always tortuous. In football and hoop, when I have the dog, and the game goes OT, my coverage rates seems like 10%. Something bad is going to happen.

Duke +5'
Iowa State +20
SMU -23
EMU/CMU U 48.5
A&M/Ark U 53.5
Mem -3
Akron -3

Will take Oregon State at home against Utah, but waiting to see if Cam Rising is playing. If he does, the line will drop for additional value.

Lots of sharp money on Cuse against Clemson. Cuse has played very well in that series, and Clemson may have emptied the tank against FSU. Clemson's can't make the CFP, and it's very unlikely that they make the ACC CG. So, from their perspective, the players may have checked out.

That said, Clemson dominated FSU, particularly Clemson's d-line (FSU has 22 yards rushing on 20 carries). If Cuse can't run, don't trust Shrader in the air. I may wait to see how low the line goes, and take Clemson. They are under-valued now, and Cuse is facing a huge jump in competition after playing nobody to start the season.

Back