• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Boban's per 36: 21.0 pts, 13.7 reb
Boban in 37 min vs. Mavs: 22 pts, 12 reb

Time to start taking Boban seriously, folks.

Kobe's farewell words seem so organic, natural and not self-serving whatsoever.

The man glossed himself with his own nickname. What do you expect?

Lol reminiscent of Tiger Woods' "Hello World"

Watched the 4th. Not sure about Quarters 1-3 but he earned every point in the 4th. Jazz didn't want to lose. At the end of the day 44% from the field on the day is a good enough % to take 50 shots.

Kobe was a career 44 percent shooter so its just about right

It's like.... We get it, Kobe was competitive and shot a lot and was a dick to people

Would he even start for the Lakers all time team?

Now that his career is over, where does Kobe rank on the list of all time greats? Just curious to see the range of responses.

Personally I'd probably put him somewhere in the 14-18 range.

Probably 10-14. It's going to be interesting to compare his relative place with guys like KD or CP3 when it's all said and done.

Man, fuck the Jazz. Rockets couldn't even tank properly and the Jazz couldn't win a damn home game vs. the Mavs and a road game vs. the Lakers to send themselves to the playoffs for the first time in forever.

Probably 10-14. It's going to be interesting to compare his relative place with guys like KD or CP3 when it's all said and done.

Yeah I think there's a solid group that are probably in the 20-50 range right now (KD, Chris, Steph, Westbrook off the top of my head) that could all end up passing him. Kobe's longevity, championships, and total points are phenomenal, but advanced statistics do not treat him kindly.

Back