• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

also a big adams fan. hate him when we're playing him, but he's hilarious and love his style of play.

So much this. Would love to have him on the Spurs. OKC hasn't put it all together, they've drafted extremely well.

Boban needs to play some next game. Timmy and West aren't making Adams and Kanter work enough. At least put a bigger body on them.

So much this. Would love to have him on the Spurs. OKC hasn't put it all together, they've drafted extremely well.

Boban needs to play some next game. Timmy and West aren't making Adams and Kanter work enough. At least put a bigger body on them.

he seems like a huge defensive liability against their athleticism. i'd screen and roll with russ and whatever big he guards, and it's layups and lobs all day.

Don't underestimate the fact, LA has not been in this situation before. He's got couple first round exits and a semi final ass kicking by the Spurs on his resume

Agree with you 100%. Also was saying to myself in the second half last night now I see why David West never won anything. Dude completely hid from any competition last night.

Also, Duncan had two times last night where he received the ball top of the lane and a clear path to the basket that would have been easy dunks as recently as last year. Both times Adams beat him to the spot so he took little half ass runners that missed badly. He clearly has no lift or bounce left with the bad knee.

Also, Duncan had two times last night where he received the ball top of the lane and a clear path to the basket that would have been easy dunks as recently as last year. Both times Adams beat him to the spot so he took little half ass runners that missed badly. He clearly has no lift or bounce left with the bad knee.

Announcers were adamant both times that he did it on purpose "to earn the foul" instead of the "tough bucket."

"Veteran move."

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Those would have been one of his patented "hold the ball straight armed way above your head dunks" down the lane in years past.

Erik Spoelstra looks like the vacuum salesmen who dumps dirt on your carpet to show how well his product works and becomes extremely nervous when the vacuum can't seem to clean it all up.

Mike Budenholzer looks like the bowling team manager who shows up ready to win and then leaves with the same sad face every time because he realizes he's playing against Lebron's team.

LA missing two wide open ten footers down the stretch hurt the most I thought, because that's why you brought him to SA was to hit those shots in big games.

I sure as hell hope not, the guy has been a loser his entire basketball career. That would be like bringing in Chris Webber to play well in the clutch in big games. You have to treat him as a role player in big moments. You can't cure someone being a pussy. Live or die with Kawhi and what is left of Parker and Manu in those spots; LMA will just gag it away.

Sad.

"While Duncan didn’t go the Kobe Bryant route of a publicly funded farewell tour, the attrition may be just as bad. The Spurs were able to hide it fairly well during the regular season where they could pick his spots and teams weren’t trying as hard, but his numbers have fallen off a cliff during the postseason. He’s only been able to play 20 minutes a game in these playoffs. Duncan played 35.7 minutes a night during last year’s playoff run. In his 17 previous playoffs, he’s never averaged fewer than 32 minutes. Last year he managed to average 17.9 points and 11.1 rebounds and shoot .589 from the field. This year he’s at 4.4 / 4.8 / .395. He’s either hurt or done. At 40, there’s a strong case for the latter."

I sure as hell hope not, the guy has been a loser his entire basketball career. That would be like bringing in Chris Webber to play well in the clutch in big games. You have to treat him as a role player in big moments. You can't cure someone being a pussy. Live or die with Kawhi and what is left of Parker and Manu in those spots; LMA will just gag it away.

or bring in a proven winenr like Jokafor instead of KAT.

I have a tough time believing putting Boban on the floor with LMA for a few minutes wouldn't help wear down Adams, Ibaka, and Kanter a bit.

I thought about this a lot today. I think it's definitely worth a try. He's a pretty good offensive rebounder. 5 solid minutes of second chances is worth a shot.

old guy says something he did is worse now that he's retired than it was when he was doing it. news at 11.

Was there a big disparity this year of Duncan's numbers before his knee injury and after?

Hard to say about the NBA as a whole. It may be watered down a bit since the days Charles played.

The one-and-dones are not good for either college basketball or the NBA.

Back