• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

old guy says something he did is worse now that he's retired than it was when he was doing it. news at 11.

have you heard the one about jordan is better than curry because he played in a much more physical NBA

what's the argument for one-and-dones being worse for the nba?

I have indeed. On the real though, peep Jordan's stats. Is it possible that that cat is becoming underrated?

mjvi0ol0s5i3c6ikolql.jpg

Not like there was a record breaking season with the first unanimous MVP who is a living cheat code or anything

Not to mention the runner-up is a former Finals MVP who won back-to-back Defensive MVP (they don't play defense in the NBA, right?) while averaging 21.2 pts with 50/44/87 percentages. And he made a leap that would be incredible if not for the leap the MVP made.

Oh and the 2nd runner-up is the greatest player of his generation and will likely make his 6th straight Finals appearance.

Has anybody noticed how well Under Armor is killing the game lately? 2015 NBA MVP: Steph. 2015 MLB MVP: Harper. 2015 NFL MVP: Cam. 2016 NBA MVP: Steph. All UA athletes. And they have a top 3 golfer.

Crazy how a team can go from leading by 43 at halftime of Game 1 to down 3-2.

Two thoughts that crossed my mind after that game.

- The Boston Massacre when the Celts destroyed the Lakers in game 1 and then lost the series.
- The year the Spurs had won 20+ in a row and the first two games of series then went out in 4 straight. I even thought about this before game 1 when they passed out t-shirts in SA because they did that in that series in game 1.

The Spurs are a front runner playoff team. When they lose their rhythm they seem to have difficulty getting it back. seems like they've rarely had to win a game 6 to extend the series.

The only one the comes to mind is the Dallas series in the Mavs first finals trip.

Counterbalancing that, this will be Pop's first time he's lost a series when up 2-1.

Yeah. I don't feel good about tomorrow night.

Aminu is killing it out there.

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: Does Tim Duncan have anything left in the tank?

I don't understand these game times from an advertising revenue perspective.

You're on the wrong coast. It's prime time where these teams' fans live.

ETA: East coast games start at 4 and 5pm on the west coast.

Yeah, but with such a large percentage of the population living east of the Mississippi, it seems like #math would say more $$$ with an earlier start. I guess not or they'd do it.

Back