• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Kobe Bryant's scoring averages his first 5 years in his 30s:

He was top 5 in the MVP voting each year from age 30 to 34.

His team won the NBA title when he was 30 and 31. He was the finals MVP both years.

At age 32, Clyde Drexler averaged 22 a game, and helped lead the Rockets to an NBA title.

In his first 5 years in his 30s, Wade has averaged:

Dwyane Wade won 2 NBA titles at age 31 and 32. He was top 10 in MVP voting each year.

You can be an NBA stud at guard into your 30s.

The difference between Steph Curry and being an NBA stud at guard is pretty vast right now.

Kobe and Wade each had their best individual season at age 27. They had each dropped a notch by the time they hit 30.

The difference between Steph Curry and being an NBA stud at guard is pretty vast right now.

Kobe and Wade each had their best individual season at age 27. They had each dropped a notch by the time they hit 30.

That's not necessarily so. Kobe and DWade played both ends of the court. Steph has yet to do that.

Steph is a better shooter than either of them. But not as good all around yet.

Draymond and Harrison Barnes are willing to step up for Team USA though. Keep your cell phone near by, Harrison.

giphy.gif

That's not necessarily so. Kobe and DWade played both ends of the court. Steph has yet to do that.

Kinda. They were both more talented defenders than Curry, but neither were consistently great defenders. Kobe was incredibly overrated as a defender.

Kinda. They were both more talented defenders than Curry, but neither were consistently great defenders (I take that back about D Wade). Kobe was incredibly overrated as a defender.

Last edited:
Literally doubling down? :)

As bmoney and others will tell you, I was never a Kobe fan ,but he was light years better on defense than Steph is.

Dwade was a stopper as was Kobe for many years.

Literally doubling down? :)

As bmoney and others will tell you, I was never a Kobe fan ,but he was light years better on defense than Steph is.

Dwade was a stopper as was Kobe for many years.

Kobe could be when he wanted to. Those times were rare though, especially later in his career. In general Kobe was pretty mediocre on defense.

remember that time dwade and kobe put up seasons as good as steph's this year?

I don't think there is much dispute that Steph is the most dangerous shooter that ever played the game. But his defense is barely above average. But that's OK.

He's not yet in the discussion with Kobe, Dwade and West as an all around SG.

He could get there but not yet.

I don't think there is much dispute that Steph is the most dangerous shooter that ever played the game. But his defense is barely above average. But that's OK.

He's not yet in the discussion with Kobe, Dwade and West as an all around SG.

He could get there but not yet.

Probably because he's a PG.

Back