• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

The difference between Steph Curry and being an NBA stud at guard is pretty vast right now.

Kobe and Wade each had their best individual season at age 27. They had each dropped a notch by the time they hit 30.

Who cares? If you're the Hornets (how this issue came up), you take Steph heading into his 30s all day every day, whether he is still in his prime or "only" an NBA stud guard. Plus, he would no doubt be rejuvenated by the opportunity to win one for the home team.

well actually it isnt really. hes just my least fave prominent player.

fave dub ranking:

steph
dray
bogut
iggy
klay
MO BUCKETS
livingston
barbarosa
ian clark
festus
barnes
varejao
rush
looney
mcadoo

id expect looney to go up next year. i really hate JMM.

Who cares? If you're the Hornets (how this issue came up), you take Steph heading into his 30s all day every day, whether he is still in his prime or "only" an NBA stud guard. Plus, he would no doubt be rejuvenated by the opportunity to win one for the home team.

it isnt happening.

and i dont even HATE any of them. more just frustrated with barnes and think the rest below barbarosa stink.

Well, how about scoring guard?

Kobe and Dwade handled the ball a lot as did Jerry West.

How about as an all around player?

I'd dig steph a lot more if his move after every 3 wasn't pointing to God. Phoney.

Of course you do, just pointing out that the window for the Hornets winning a championship with Curry as their best player might be shorter than Hornets fans expect. But as phan said, its not happening.

Well, how about scoring guard?

Kobe and Dwade handled the ball a lot as did Jerry West.

How about as an all around player?

He's clearly better than Kobe ever was as a scoring guard or all around player.

You could make an argument for D-Wade as an all around guard, though i'm not sure it would be convincing.

That's not necessarily so. Kobe and DWade played both ends of the court. Steph has yet to do that.

Steph is a better shooter than either of them. But not as good all around yet.

Steph has more MVP awards than those two do combined. Maybe someday he'll be "as good" as they are if he works really, really hard.

https://nplusonemag.com/online-only/online-only/nba-finals-update/

An overwrought piece on the first two games, but I liked this part

This is how good and deep the Warriors are. Too bad their current fans don’t deserve them. Over the course of the playoffs, as seat prices have begun to track those of San Francisco one-bedrooms, the crowd has changed from the Oakland faithful to the inevitable assortment of tech industry sociopaths. In the late-2000s, when the team consisted of Monta Ellis and young Curry (who then bore a strong resemblance to Natalie Portman), noodling and bricking shots, Oracle Arena was the best place to watch basketball: well-attended, agreeably loud, and above all, cheap. A quick search on SeatGeek for Game 5—which probably won’t even take place—divulges tickets in the nosebleeds for about $1,147. Not surprisingly the first game of this year’s finals took place in near-silence; the team’s slogan this year, “strength in numbers,” carries the unmistakable resonance of data mining.

Steph has more MVP awards than those two do combined. Maybe someday he'll be "as good" as they are if he works really, really hard.

Absolutely silly. Oscar Robertson only has one ring. Does that make Tony Parker much better? How about Steve Kerr?

I like Steph and don't like Kobe.But Steph's all around game isn't as good.

Absolutely silly. Oscar Robertson only has one ring. Does that make Tony Parker much better? How about Steve Kerr?

I like Steph and don't like Kobe.But Steph's all around game isn't as good.

Steph is light years ahead of Kobe on offense (efficiency matters) and not really that far behind Kobe on defense (where Kobe was incredibly overrated).

I don't think Steph has passed Kobe from an overall career standpoint (though he's close) but Steph's peak > Kobe's peak and its really not that close.

Steph is light years ahead of Kobe on offense (efficiency matters) and not really that far behind Kobe on defense (where Kobe was incredibly overrated).

I don't think Steph has passed Kobe from an overall career standpoint (though he's close) but Steph's peak > Kobe's peak and its really not that close.

Kobe wasn't a three point shooter.

Kobe was 1st or 2nd team All Defensive TWELVE times. I don't like Kobe, but to say he was "incredibly overrated" on D is simply wrong.

That being so, your premise falls apart.

Bobby Knight called Steph the best passer he had ever seen in college. I'm pretty sure Kobe never passed the ball once in his entire career.

https://nplusonemag.com/online-only/online-only/nba-finals-update/

An overwrought piece on the first two games, but I liked this part

give me a break. i sit in the same section every game i go to. my entire row is season ticket holders and all have been for a long time. their tix dont hit the market. everyone goes to the games or sells to friends for well under "market." yes, the finals has bad fans but that happens anywhere. at the game i was at sunday all the season ticket holders were there except i got a onesie from someone who was travelling for work. they asked the other ticket holders for recs, and since i knew them i got them for well under "market."

anyone that says the first finals game was near silent is an idiot. every season ticket holder around me said it was one of the loudest theyd heard the buildings in the first half. by the second half the dubs took all doubt away and it was a party atmosphere. same with sunday.

Kobe wasn't a three point shooter.

Kobe was 1st or 2nd team All Defensive TWELVE times. I don't like Kobe, but to say he was "incredibly overrated" on D is simply wrong.

That being so, your premise falls apart.

its amazing in 70+ years rj still doesnt know what "overrated" means.

anyways any team this good would be experiencing the same thing in the playoffs. the season ticket waiting list is over 30k now i think. longtime season ticket holders are still the majority at the games. the real change will come with the move across the bay.

give me a break. i sit in the same section every game i go to. my entire row is season ticket holders and all have been for a long time. their tix dont hit the market. everyone goes to the games or sells to friends for well under "market." yes, the finals has bad fans but that happens anywhere. at the game i was at sunday all the season ticket holders were there except i got a onesie from someone who was travelling for work. they asked the other ticket holders for recs, and since i knew them i got them for well under "market."

anyone that says the first finals game was near silent is an idiot. every season ticket holder around me said it was one of the loudest theyd heard the buildings in the first half. by the second half the dubs took all doubt away and it was a party atmosphere. same with sunday.

#largesamplesizedeac

Back