• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

I don't remember hearing a lot of Porzingis over Okafor talk leading up to the draft. Unforgivable?

KP was in that range and played a position of need for the 76ers rather than a redundant one. I mean the 76ers frontline would be terrifying with Noel and Porzingis because they fit together perfectly on offense and would have incredible defensive length. KP is the same age as Okafor and is already a better offensive and defensive player.

The draft is the most important part of the process so yes, passing on a potential superstar for a 2nd center when that's the whole point of tanking is unforgivable.

KP was in that range and played a position of need for the 76ers rather than a redundant one. I mean the 76ers frontline would be terrifying with Noel and Porzingis because they fit together perfectly on offense and would have incredible defensive length. KP is the same age as Okafor and is already a better offensive and defensive player.

The draft is the most important part of the process so yes, passing on a potential superstar for a 2nd center when that's the whole point of tanking is unforgivable.

??

Porzingod is certainly better than Okafor at everything. And it sucks as a Sixers fan because Hinkie was on KP for YEARS. He went to Europe to watch Porzingis play like 7 times. And he still missed on him, which sucks.

He can already shoot 3's, he's a very good passer, he has post moves and poor man's dream shakes and has like 10 awesome OReb dunks. He's incredible.

Porzingod is certainly better than Okafor at everything. And it sucks as a Sixers fan because Hinkie was on KP for YEARS. He went to Europe to watch Porzingis play like 7 times. And he still missed on him, which sucks.

One does not pass on the best offensive big since Olajuwon to take a #tooathletic flier on a euro.

think the okafor pick was a hedge against embiid never playing and noel never developing offensively, but i may just be rationalizing because i love zingis and hate okafor and wish we had zingis

Also, he's a champion. What has zingis or towns ever won? When the lights shine brightest, you want the guy who won't shrink from the moment, or from random drunken Boston fans.

One does not pass on the best offensive big since Olajuwon to take a #tooathletic flier on a euro.

Nobody wants to be like the Pistons taking Darko before D Wade, Bosh, and Carmelo. And the point of tanking isn't to get a Top 3 pick and take a risky player. The point is to get a Top 3 pick to take a sure thing #asset. You take risks mid-lottery like the combo guard from Davidson who wasn't a sure thing to become a NBA PG.

If Hinkie was all over KP and couldn't determine if he was the next Darko or not that's even worse. The most important part of the process is being better at evals than everyone else because you can't mess up the draft.

Presti took a guy at 4 that didn't play PG in college to play PG in the NBA.

But if your process is to get Top 3 picks, you don't even need to be good at evals to pick Top 3.

Well obviously that isn't true based on Okafor over Porzingis. It isn't even a quarter into the season and clearly KP would have been a better pick. He might even end up being a superstar. They might not get another chance to draft a player as good as KP for years.

If Hinkie was all over KP and couldn't determine if he was the next Darko or not that's even worse. The most important part of the process is being better at evals than everyone else because you can't mess up the draft.

Presti took a guy at 4 that didn't play PG in college to play PG in the NBA.

Wasn't every GM wrong about Darko?

Basketball isn't bad work if you can get it

LeBron James' Lifetime Nike Annual Salary Revealed

Sam Amick reports James will make $30 million a year. For the rest of his life.

Wasn't every GM wrong about Darko?

All we know for sure is Joe Dumars was wrong about Darko.

I give Hinkie a break because projecting these things out is very hard unless you have the #1 pick in a no brainer draft (LeBron), or the #2 pick in a no brainer two man draft (Durant), but then we get into the difficulty of tanking in general.

I think for positional issues alone though KP should have been the pick, making a habit of having to trade one of your best players isn't viable in my opinion, you won't get enough value. And don't tell me Hinkie was risk averse when he drafted a 7 foot big man with foot problems the year prior.

And I would guess de Zinger will develop foot problems at 27 and fade to black. That gives him something like 8 or 9 good years in the NBA thouh - better than the 6ers get out of Okachunky. I'd hate to build my franchise around Zinger though until I'm convinced his metatarsels can support a 7'3" athletic frame. #tooathletic fo sho

Back