• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Minutes are definitely the biggest knock on his coaching. To be seen if he's learned anything.

Personnel control is a mixed bag but it's what hot coaching candidates want now. Working out okay in Detroit with SVG, Doc with the Clippers has been pretty bad. The one Thibs personnel story that always gets told is that he wanted Draymond badly at #29 (they took Marquis Teague) and no one in the FO listened to him and Draymond went #35.

Thibs with KAT and all that length at every position could be awesome if they can score enough points.

Marcus Smart, you is turrible.

Fire Stevens
I haven't watched a minute of the Celts this year, can I get Cliffs notes on why this team is getting hype? Their last 4 1st round picks are not exactly setting the world on fire: Marcus Smart, James Young, Terry Rozier, RJ Hunter

Are assets really assets if they are Terry Rozier?

i think you answered your own question. this team made the playoffs at the #5 with those scrubs.

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: Thibs got dibs on Rubio and Wiggs

I haven't seen anything but also rans mentioned for head coaching vacancies. The Wiz are trying to pay Brooks $6-7M a year.

I haven't watched a minute of the Celts this year, can I get Cliffs notes on why this team is getting hype? Their last 4 1st round picks are not exactly setting the world on fire: Marcus Smart, James Young, Terry Rozier, RJ Hunter

Are assets really assets if they are Terry Rozier?
Because people are impressed with Stevens getting this team to 48 wins. Only problem is the playoffs and regular season are two completely different animals. #grit and #hustle and #heart and all that shit really can only do so much in the playoffs when the other team is actually trying on every possession. I appreciate Ainge's honesty, though. He's said publicly many times in a nice sort of way that he knows the talent level is nowhere close to good enough. None of our young players have much value.

Last edited:
Because people are impressed with Stevens getting this team to 48 wins. Only problem is the playoffs and regular season are two completely different animals. #grit and #hustle and #heart and all that shit really can only do so much in the playoffs when the other team is actually trying on every possession. I appreciate Ainge's honesty, though. He's said publicly many times in a nice sort of way that he knows the talent level is nowhere close to good enough. None of our young players have much value.

Ainge can not draft for shit. No talent is all on him

Ainge can not draft for shit. No talent is all on him
Never said it wasn't. Of course it is. I just appreciate that he acknowledges publicly that this roster is not on some like linear upward trajectory that'll be contender status in 2 or 3 years. The roster needs a serious overhaul, and he knows it.

Marcus Smart is one of the worst offensive perimeter players (who gets significant minutes) I have ever watched play in the NBA. That is no exaggeration.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2016/03/28/marcus-smart-by-the-numbers

Sacramento has a joke of an owner who is way too involved, and a neophyte GM given carte blanche. Any coach who would take this job is desperate. Mark Jackson getting paid to call games. Don't see him jumping in for Sac. Maybe the 76ers or the Knicks but not Sac

i think you answered your own question. this team made the playoffs at the #5 with those scrubs.

AAAHHHAAa. Droppin DYmes on these scrubs. Brad you betta put on a tie or LOOK THA FUCK OUT!!!

sn-features-jeff-teague-101315-getty-ftrjpg_14cl5vxvpzka71v3zsrluj236k.jpg

@WojVerticalNBA
Scott Brooks has agreed in principle on a five-year, $35M deal with the Wizards, league sources tell @TheVertical.

That's a lot of money for a guy who couldn't win with KD, Bestbrook, Ibaka, and some other talented dudes.

Hard to guard a push off like that.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Draymond!

Back