• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

The missed calls are not comparable. One was blatant, obvious at the time, while the other is common, regularly not called, and the result of a desperate attempt to justify a stolen win.

Billy Donovan, this is your inbounder

Yawn worthy or not?

The playoffs have officially started.

I'm pretty sure Manu stepped on the line, one of the TNT angles had it.

19 assists for the Spurs is what lost the game. Poor offense and poor shooting. Hard to tell which caused the low assist total. The two best players on offense were LMA and Manu both who can create their own shot.

So CNN is now saying that the refs admit they fucked up, allegedly because they had never seen that before. If true, that's amazing. Not that they fucked up, but that they admitted it.

So CNN is now saying that the refs admit they fucked up, allegedly because they had never seen that before. If true, that's amazing. Not that they fucked up, but that they admitted it.

If the NBA is going to start analyzing the last two minutes and publishing the results, refs are going to be forced to call fouls that are normally not called the last play of a game. I think a no-call here is the right call.

Here's why (without checking every detail of the rulebook but going off what I know) I don't blow my whistle as a ref:

1. I see a few very blatant holds that are occurring on the inbound that could have been called. If they make this call on Waiters, everyone is going to be talking about Westbrook being held
2. Ginobli appears to have crossed the plane and is in violation of giving waiters enough space to make the pass- my guess is waiters is trying to get this call by creating contact

A couple other thoughts about the play:

Perhaps the call is made if someone other than Manu draws the foul. He has a bad reputation for flopping. As a ref, you don't want to end a game on calling a foul on a flop.
Waiters is not allowed to jump - that could have been a violation as well
Was durant fouled on the catch? Haven't seen enough replays - but seems odd that he would fumble it away

What I don't understand is that the Spurs got the ball, had a 3-on-1 break, and then missed a wide open shot. This was a more favorable outcome than if the call had been made. Why is everyone talking about a potential blown call that effectively had no impact on the result of the game.

Manu never got a hand on the inbound correct? Because as I was going to sleep, you'll notice from the sideline angle that the clock starts before durant/ green touch it. A near second runs off before either of them touch it. Not that this all mattered but that was a crazy cluster f of an ending.

So. multiple fouls occurring and you (if you were a ref) swallow your whistle. Sounds about right.

Ibaka with a nice homage to my boi deke after he grabbed the last board.

As a "Spurs donk" (most overused phrase by Deacon donks who fit this metric: NBA casual fan + small Trump hands>30 year old and <45 years old who slurp CP3 and Josh Howard but consider JJ and Teague thugs, think Duncan is boring, pulled for the Heat 3 years ago and leaped on Dubs bandwagon but also pull for John Wall?) this is my late night observation:

Forget all the non calls - if Danny Green (whom I like) makes the correct pass to Manu after the steal instead of the lob over Adams to Mills, Spurs win period.

Jaybone is right

Wgaf about the call on manu, spurs got the damn steal and a wide open fast break that they fucked up

I don't consider bone to be a full on #spursdonk. He actually posts about other nba teams/stories.

Deac83 is king spurs donk and deaconson is the prince. Then you have all of the commoners who should be rolling into this thread in the coming weeks.

Yeah peeps that use #spursdonks are way more supportive of JJ/Teague than actual donks.

when keeping it donk goes wrong

Back