• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Did you give us your thoughts on the Boogie "trade" yet?

I loathed that fat fuck. A walking, talking galaxy of disfunction. But my lord, we could've/should've gotten so much more than that. Vlade's overmatched.

Still: I like Hield. Tyreke is meh. Yay, a 1st-rd. pick, maybe. Sigh.

Perhaps something happened behind the scenes right before the All Star break and they didn't even want him coming back to Sacramento for one more game. Incompetence seems far more likely.

spending hungover saturday afternoon watching old nba clips.

so far:
lakers v blazers game 7
kobe final game
robert horry best clutch moments
rockets comeback vs spurs
heat v spurs game 6

Mavs vs Heat when wade had 32 (or so) free throws. Guys falling backward with no contact. <whistle>

Ish provided some of that "elder statesman" leadership for the Sixers during his years there. Made them look just bad, instead of abysmal, horrible, or whatever other word you want to use to describe them without him.

Lowry may or may not be the right guy to do it, bur Sixers need one or two veterans to run the kindergarten.

Ilyasova was a good influence if not a great player

Agree vet presence would help a lot

Shaq remains unfunny and that Dr. Strange video makes no sense.

While I agree upon the first part, the 2nd statement is ridiculous. I didn't even have to watch a Dr. Strange promo to know he was just copying what was said in them. And it was expertly done. And hilarious.

Last edited:
Lowry would be worth overpaying due his cachet of being a multiple time all star. He'd also return home as a hero trying to bring a winner to Philly.

Then again, I've probably watched the 10 seconds of "I've spent so many years, peering through time...... looking for YOU" and ending with the ball bouncing on his head like 30 times in the past day.

I do like that Paul Pierce is trash talking draymond's trash talk

Wow, RJ is correct for once. If Lowry would come, of course the Sixers should max him.

Great finish at the Garden

Melo was so good tonight

Saric has lapped the league twice over for ROY

I don't know how you all are so sure the Pellies are going to make the playoffs. They are rolling with an off the street Jarrett Jack and Reggie Williams in a big 4th Q right now. Just not enough players.

I don't know how you all are so sure the Pellies are going to make the playoffs. They are rolling with an off the street Jarrett Jack and Reggie Williams in a big 4th Q right now. Just not enough players.
Pels have looked good for the first quarter of these last two games, but they have absolutely no wing depth. I think that is going to happen to them the rest of the season where they come out playing well and just get outscored the rest of the game.

Back