• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Remember when the Marlins were going to also sign Pujols and CJ Wilson?

LoMo with the best response:

I bet Canadians are feeling a little better about NAFTA tonight...

— Logan Morrison (@LoMoMarlins) November 14, 2012

What did Stanton do to end up on your "most hated" list?

I know it is weird but I honestly hate the Marlins more than any team in the division...more than the Braves, more that the Phillies and more than the Mets. I HATE THEM! And he happens to be the best player on the team...that and he changed his fucking name.

Stanton averaged like 3.7 home runs per game against us.

He actually hit 5 HRs against us in 9 starts, while hitting over .400 in 37 ABs.

LOL

Logan Morrison ‏@LoMoMarlins
hey @JonHeymanCBS I just read that we got mathematically eliminated from the 2013 playoffs. Is that true?

Jeeeez - $26 million over 2 years? Thats more than I thought for a 37 year old OF.

Jeff Loria has just traded his hot stove for a 1993 used microwave.

Sucks. I would have taken Hunter on a short contract to the Astros.

Really, I'd love to sign anyone with a heartbeat and a positive WAR to an Astros contract.

The Red Sox made a push for Josh Johnson and Jose Reyes, but the Blue Jays just blew the Marlins away, a source tells Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe (via Twitter).

Link

So it was almost the Red Sox in that trade.

Edit: So that trade is the Marlins being blown away? I wonder what the Red Sox offered.

Blue Jays took on the salaries and gave back their 2nd, 5th and 8th best prospects. Can't imagine the Red Sox would have given that much.

Back