• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 MLB Hot Stove Thread

He's old, we overpaid again, and that money should be going towards bullpen.

Well I'm happy the Red Sox didn't sign Torii Hunter. I've hated him ever since he kept winning Gold Gloves that should have gone to Coco Crisp.

Peter Gammons reported that Middlebrooks, Doubront, Bogaerts + had to be in Boston deal. No thanks. I want to build for the future, not just make a weak attempt to win in 2013.

Last edited:
Bobby Cox was called by the Blue Jays immediately after their managerial spot opened.

Genius is merely a buzzword to create hype for the article. But I do understand the argument and previously mentioned this wasn't the worst thing for the Marlins.

I am fairly confident that when the Marlins were spending all the money they did last year, they knew it would create instant excitement and give them a chance to compete that year, but given the worst case scenario, they could always sell off the contracts as they did this year.

OK, looking at the Marlins' payroll... they're shopping Ricky Nolasco (and Logan Morrison), and if he's traded, it looks like the only salaries the Marlins will be committed to for next year are Greg Dobbs and the $4MM they're paying Heath Bell to pitch elsewhere. (And part of the $4MM that's going to the Blue Jays, I'd imagine.)

I tried to compare that to the Astros payroll, but their Current & Future Payrolls on BR doesn't go beyond 2012. When you switch leagues do you get to start fresh with a brand new roster?

Not that they are big players in the space but this has to make it tougher for them to fill holes via free agency.

MLB really fucks it up by waiting so long to announce these awards. By the time they give them out, no one cares.

Nothing about Price and Dickey winning Cy Young? Think both were deserving. Cue SkinsNDeacs rant.

The BS was the vote that had Fernando Rodney 1st and Verlander 2nd - I don't think he would have won with the switch - but that is a bad vote.

I like David Price. Is it just because I don't watch much of the AL, or does it seem like he doesn't get the hype he deserves?

Also, I didn't realize the NL CY was such a blowout, wow.

73% of people on ESPN.com feel Miggy should win the AL MVP. Not sure why I expected any different from you, America.

If the Marlins want to rid themselves of Mike Stanton while they are at it, there are number of teams who would gladly take him off their hands.

Back