• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

Shaky outside shooting by us and shaky outside shooting defense is what feels wrong. For it to feel right DeAndre Jordan has to become a beast on defense or Bledsoe has to improve his outside shot.

I know and I'm completely sure for everything I've called correctly there are five things I've been wrong about if we went back through this thread.

Something still doesn't feel right about this Clippers team, I don't think they can make it out of the West.

With you about the Clips.

At this point, I'm thinking the Thunder make the Finals from the West. I was deeply anti-Harden trade (and still am) but I didn't account for mean Durant arising so soon. Usually takes GOAT contenders until their late 20s to find that edge. (An exception is made for Kobe, who is clearly a sociopath.) I thought KD was going to bodyslam the ref that missed MWP's headswipe on him during today's game.

Clippers might not make it out of the first round. Most likely seeding now has Clips at 3 and Golden State at 6.

Yeah I'm impressed with the killer focus KD has shown this year. The question will be whether or not he can stand up to Bestbrook in the playoffs when the going gets tough.

That would be a gnarly series. Especially if Bogut rounds into form quickly.

1-3 vs GS without bogut, and none of those losses were close. Clips need the 1 seed to get out of the West. Avoids having to go through both SA and OKC, cupcake in round 1, pits us against denver or memphis who we match up well in the 2nd round, and homecourt in the WCF.

@christomasson
Mario Chalmers of #Heat figures he's about the fifth- or sixth-best point guard in the entire NBA.

Word?

Also, which East PG should replace Rondo in the AS game? Stern gets to choose. Non kitty fans... Kemba deserves it right?

Kemba Walker, Deron Williams, or Brandon Jennings.

League will probably pick Williams because they're dummies, but I'm cool with Jennings or Walker.

Also, the boards were down all last night so I couldn't express my unyielding joy, but the Rockets were up by 50 on the Utah Jazz last night with like 30 seconds left to go in the game. Suck it, Jazz. They've played Houston in the playoffs 7 times and have won most of the series (5-2), but YOU GOT NO RINGZ MALONE/STOCKTON.

Kemba's been great on my fantasy team, but his team is the worst in basketball. Deron, Jennings and Jameer Nelson have better statlines.

Deron's a lock, I'd say.

Kemba's been great on my fantasy team, but his team is the worst in basketball. Deron, Jennings and Jameer Nelson have better statlines.

Deron's a lock, I'd say.

Yeah, Stern will prolly pick Deron but I was surprised at Kemba's stats compared to the main two competitors at his spot.

Kemba's biggest flaw is his FG% at .431... but Deron is .417 and Jennings .405. Then they each have different things that stand out but it is pretty close if you disregard the kitties are terrible.

Kemba has more PPG, higher FG%, more steals, fewer TOs, higher PER. Jameer has more APG, RPG.

Again, you can make an argument for any 4 of those guys, I'm just looking for a bright spot on a terrible team. MKG will be good but I think he is hitting a little bit of a rookie wall.

i'm setting the O/U on kobe's assists tonight at 9.5. whatchugot?

give me the under. i predict he gets 4-5 in the first quarter and the game stays too close and he goes rampage mode for the second half. lakers win by 3 but it feels like a loss. prove me wrong mamba.

i'm setting the O/U on kobe's assists tonight at 9.5. whatchugot?

give me the under. i predict he gets 4-5 in the first quarter and the game stays too close and he goes rampage mode for the second half. lakers win by 3 but it feels like a loss. prove me wrong mamba.

original.gif

Kemba has more PPG, higher FG%, more steals, fewer TOs, higher PER. Jameer has more APG, RPG.

Again, you can make an argument for any 4 of those guys, I'm just looking for a bright spot on a terrible team. MKG will be good but I think he is hitting a little bit of a rookie wall.

I think Kemba's great and deserving, but there's no way the league is going to pick a good player on a terrible team as opposed to a similar player on a good team in a big market.

Deron's gotta be a lock. I'd rather see someone else, but Deron's all over it.

Back