• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

Jesus Christ, Kemba has a higher PER than every other person mentioned and I'm not even arguing his case that hard.

Oh man, following the Bright Spots on Terrible Teams game ... The Highest Efficiency Game!

PER is just every stat combined. I don't know how in the world you thought Jameer Nelson had better stats.

i'm setting the O/U on kobe's assists tonight at 9.5. whatchugot?

give me the under. i predict he gets 4-5 in the first quarter and the game stays too close and he goes rampage mode for the second half. lakers win by 3 but it feels like a loss. prove me wrong mamba.

come on folks, if you pick the right side, you get a posrep, wrong side gets the dreaded neg rep. i'll allow df07 to give me my rep. again, i'm taking the UNDER.

we ought to do more prop bets with rep on this thread.

I mean, Walker steals one more ball every two games and scores three more points per game, but takes more shots to get there. He has fewer TOs but has a lower AST-TO ratio. Nelson boards and dimes better and shoots a better three ball. And his shit team has a better record than Kemba's shit team.

If All Star selections were based off PER, we'd have Andre Drummond and Tiago Splitter facing off in the All Star game. The point of the game is you get to watch the fucking stars. That's why Deron is going to get picked over fucking Kemba Walker.

I mean, Walker steals one more ball every two games and scores three more points per game, but takes more shots to get there. He has fewer TOs but has a lower AST-TO ratio. Nelson boards and dimes better and shoots a better three ball. And his shit team has a better record than Kemba's shit team.

If All Star selections were based off PER, we'd have Andre Drummond and Tiago Splitter facing off in the All Star game. The point of the game is you get to watch the fucking stars. That's why Deron is going to get picked over fucking Kemba Walker.

You are acting as if I am making a impassioned plea for Kemba, which I'm not. Kemba has a better FG% and TS% than Jameer so the shooting argument doesn't help him. Jameer is shooting .357 from three compared to .354 for Kemba. Drummond and Splitter play limited minutes so that comparison isn't really fair.

Anyway... WGAF? Sorry for mentioning Kemba has almost identical statlines to every worthy All Star replacement.

And who really WANTS to see DWill? His game is not that entertaining, but I guess he is still a "star".

Last edited:
come on folks, if you pick the right side, you get a posrep, wrong side gets the dreaded neg rep. i'll allow df07 to give me my rep. again, i'm taking the UNDER.

I'm in on the under as well.

Jesus Christ, Kemba has a higher PER than every other person mentioned and I'm not even arguing his case that hard.

Ehh, it's pretty close though. Kemba's sporting a 19.51 PER while Williams has a 19.05 PER, and Williams has done it by shooting less.

The common argument against PER is that it rewards players taking loads of shots, and it does feel like Kemba's high PER is lifted by his volume shooting.

Brandon Jennings is an even worse offender, though.

These Kirk Goldsberry infographs are always pretty cool.

grantland_kg_best_576.jpg

UNDER.

And no counting Kobe Assists, mmkay?

Ehh, it's pretty close though. Kemba's sporting a 19.51 PER while Williams has a 19.05 PER, and Williams has done it by shooting less.

The common argument against PER is that it rewards players taking loads of shots, and it does feel like Kemba's high PER is lifted by his volume shooting.

Brandon Jennings is an even worse offender, though.

Kemba shouldn't be an All Star. It isn't even close! I'm sorry for saying anything.

Saw that today, and my immediate reactions were:

1) LeBron is inhuman. What a freak.
2) WILLIE GREEN WHAT UP?!

That is the reserved Clipper over-achieving because of CP3 shooter spot. Last year Foye and Nick Young made appearances on this chart behind the three.

Kemba shouldn't be an All Star. It isn't even close! I'm sorry for saying anything.

Hah, sorry man. I'd love to see Kemba there, just because I love watching him play. But when you have a volume scorer on a bad team, like Kemba, there's a problem with floating out PER.

The argument for all-star Kemba is perfectly acceptable, but the point I was trying to make originally was: don't fight the league office when it comes to the Brooklyn Nets and Deron Williams. That douchebag is in for sure.

that is definitely cp's sweet spot. i just lol everytime a big switches on high PNR and he just shakes him down and shoots from the left elbow. it's automatic.

Hah, sorry man. I'd love to see Kemba there, just because I love watching him play. But when you have a volume scorer on a bad team, like Kemba, there's a problem with floating out PER.

The argument for all-star Kemba is perfectly acceptable, but the point I was trying to make originally was: don't fight the league office when it comes to the Brooklyn Nets and Deron Williams. That douchebag is in for sure.

I don't really care and didn't expect him to make the team. I guess I myself was surprised when I looked at the stats and there was not much difference between Kemba and DWill this season (DWill is having a terrible year by his standards and Kemba made a big jump from last year). I didn't think people would be so adamant about it.

But despite Kemba shooting 1.5 more times a game he still has a better FG% and 3PT% which goes against the volume scorer PER problem. Also I'm surprised Kemba even gets 5.8 APG with that collection of non-scorers around him.

The blue Golden State jerseys are the best in the NBA and maybe the best in professional sports right now.

And UNDER on Kobe's assists. He's getting antsy about all this passing bullshit.

Back