• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

i didn't realize that davis already had a serviceable jumpshot. not sure what his percentages are, but you can tell he'll evolve into a knock down mid range guy and he's just so fluid everywhere else. oh yeah, he's also an incredible defender.

I was kinda bois with Davis' high school coach. Davis grew really quickly in high school, so he spent most of his first three HS years playing guard.

He's going all Fidel Castro the last month too. He was playing great without Gordon and without Davis too. Count me as surprised, but I did think he had a little Doc Rivers in him when he was at Maryland - tough, somewhat tall PG with average to below average speed but sneaky athleticism a la Rivers and Kidd.

I was kinda bois with Davis' high school coach. Davis grew really quickly in high school, so he spent most of his first three HS years playing guard.

People like this are so ridiculous. I read an interview with Chandler Parsons the other day (who is probably about 6'9", I'd guess), where he said in the 8th grade he was the PG on his junior high team and he was the shortest kid in the grade.

i know it. kg is a top 20 all timer. just a hunch.

also, sorry for the neg reps to the people that went with the UNDER on mamba's assists tonight. DF07, go ahead and hit me with one.

more prop rep bets to come!

I'm ready for the next prop bet. I've embraced the new Kobe Rondo, and I won't doubt him again.

yeah anthony davis's growth spurt is well-documented. he was still a 3* guard i believe then blew up to 6'11"

the warriors are going to be filthy when bogut is healthy

also this may have been buried a few pages ago... but the "Splash Brothers" is the best nickname I've heard in awhile for the Klay Thompson/Curry backcourt. Works even better since they play in the same parking lot as the A's.

Splash Brothers is one of the best nicknames I've ever heard... especially with how well it fits that backcourt.

I think that Mav loss last night was pretty big. It's a 2-game swing with Portland who are still 1 game out of the 8th spot. Right now they are in 11th, 5 games out of 8th. Utah, Houston, Portland, the Lakers, and Dallas are going to be fighting for the last two spots in the West. I think it will be 2 of Houston, Portland and LA.

The inverse of that Goldsberry graphic from yesterday:

grantland_kg_worst_576.jpg

lulz at Josh Smith

Yeah Gallo is the highest on the opposite wing.

Goldsberry talks about it in the Grantland article.

given steve nash's inability to stop anyone, tonight's prop bet is:

goran dragic pts + assists o/u 24.5

keep in mind that he averages roughly 14/6 and lakers play at a higher pace than PHX.

give me the OVER. DF07, again you are the keeper of my rep. for the record, he gave me my neg rep earlier today.

oh, and i will start mixing in non-lakers prop bets after tonight. just don't have any time to really research and not sure if i'll be back on computer before the game starts.

Stern picked Brook Lopez to replace Rondo in the ASG. Should have realized he didn't need to replace a PG with a PG. Lopez deserves it, he is having a great year.

Back