• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

Gogi Dradgic is my boy, even if he wanted a bunch of money and left the Rockets.

I'll take the OVER

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...gree-principle-trade-rudy-gay-toronto-raptors

The Memphis Grizzlies and Toronto Raptors have agreed in principle on a trade that will send leading scorer Rudy Gay to the Raptors, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Grizzlies will acquire forward Ed Davis and veteran guard Jose Calderon from the Raptors and then move Calderon on to a third team to ultimately make this a three-team deal.

The Detroit Pistons, sources said, are one of the prime options to take on Calderon, having pursued the Spanish floor leader all season.

The Grizzlies want a small forward out of the trade and Detroit has two on its roster in the final year of their contract: Tayshaun Prince and Corey Maggette. But Memphis, sources said, is talking to at least one other team about taking on Calderon and is expected to receive a second-round pick from Toronto as part of the deal.

The Raptors, sources said, are expected to take on Grizzlies reserve center Hamed Haddadi in addition to Gay.

The Dallas Mavericks are the other most likely landing spot for Calderon, but sources said Dallas is resistant to parting with Vince Carter, Memphis' prime target on the Mavs' roster.

The Dallas Mavericks are the other most likely landing spot for Calderon, but sources said Dallas is resistant to parting with Vince Carter, Memphis' prime target on the Mavs' roster.

:tard:

So how much does Lebron go for, 40 tonight?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...s-not-impressed-lebron-james-miami-heat-title

Our team is defending the Miami Heat. If our team has to defend one person, LeBron isn't going to score nothing. LeBron is no different from Joe Johnson or Andray Blatche. No different,"

For his part, James isn't too impressed by the Nets, despite their recent turnaround under interim coach P.J. Carlesimo.

"Their offense hasn't changed, their defense," James said of the Nets on Wednesday. "They just picked up the intensity level. You can tell that they like to play for P.J."

"It sucks that Avery (Johnson) had to take the hit of them not wanting to play at a high level," James added.

Memphis doesn't want to pay another big salary and the metrics say they'll be fine without him. Ed Davis is a stud, plus they'll probably get some assets dumping off Calderon. Not saying that's the best move for that franchise, but that's what they're thinking.

‏@ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say Pistons poised to send both Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye to Grizzlies to acquire Jose Calderon as part of Rudy Gay deal

Prince is on the last year of his deal.

Hollinger picking up his high PER guys with Davis and trading his low PER guys in Gay. Ed Davis a prelude to dumping Z-Bo in the next year?

Picking up Davis explains dealing Speights as well. Not sure I would have made this trade if I were Memphis but if I'm Toronto...damn, you guys may have just risen to better than mediocre

ed davis is a solid, young big guy with nice upside. but he's not a stud.

Picking up Davis explains dealing Speights as well. Not sure I would have made this trade if I were Memphis but if I'm Toronto...damn, you guys may have just risen to better than mediocre

Toronto likely has to move other guys now though. I still need to check salaries, but I can't imagine Gay just fits right in.

Also, what does Bargnani do?

Toronto likely has to move other guys now though. I still need to check salaries, but I can't imagine Gay just fits right in.

Also, what does Bargnani do?

shoot 3s and diddle himself on the bench like he always does?

ed davis is a solid, young big guy with nice upside. but he's not a stud.

I mean, neither was Mareese Speights

And yeah, they would be smart to move Bargnani while they still can.

Gay makes the Raps considerably better at the 3, considering that they were playing Landry Fields, Mickael Pietrus and Linas Kleiza there...Strategically, yeah they'll have to figure it out but you need talent before you can do that. Gay gives them that

Last edited:
i would have tried to swing at least a lottery protected 1st rounder or something. so basically rudy gay for:

ed davis, austin daye, and half a season of tayshaun?

Hollinger picking up his high PER guys with Davis and trading his low PER guys in Gay. Ed Davis a prelude to dumping Z-Bo in the next year?

Hollinger on Hollinger:

263hron.jpg

i would have tried to swing at least a lottery protected 1st rounder or something. so basically rudy gay for:

ed davis, austin daye, and half a season of tayshaun?

I guess it sounds better when people say Tayshaun Prince's expiring contract. Money saved, cheap, young improving player.

Back