• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

eh, they got 4 grossly overpaid people in DeRozan, Landry, Bargs and Kleiza. Thats not even counting Gay. Their ceiling is the most expensive 6 seed the world has ever known. They're currently the anti-advanced stats team. Derozan getting 9.5 mil for a sub 15 PER and Landry getting $6.5 million for a 9 PER and Bargs getting 10 mil for a 12 PER, etc.

Agree with this. The guys on The Basketball Jones have mentioned it a bit as well. They barely have any cap flexibility going forward. Is there any team who would be willing to take on that Bargnani contract? Doubtful.

The next 3 years will be similar to the Bosh years for Toronto. A solid team that has absolutely no shot at the title. And then it's rebuilding time.

Also, one quick note about my prop bet: the transition points scored and given up are kept in per game numbers, but I haven't yet found a box score that keeps track of them.

Soo... someone may have to actually watch the game to tell how many points were scored in transition.

Prop bets for the TNT games tonight?

For the CHI-DEN game, I'm thinking something around transition points should be good. Denver leads the league in points scored in transition at 19.3 per game. Chicago is no slouch when it comes to defending the transition game, only giving up 12.9 pts off transition per game. Chicago's pretty injured, of course, but they've only allowed 11.7 pts in transition over their last 3 games. So here's the prop:

Denver's transition points tonight, with the o/u at 15.5.

I'll take the Over. Learned from the last prop bet of betting on the splash brothers to start gearing these towards the home team.

i'll also take the OVER

i just can't wait to see the lakers trot out a lineup of nash-meeks-kobe-metta-clark and play the ultimate small ball against the C's.

If anyone is interested in going to the Bobcats-Wizards game in the next month or so you can hop on some .75 tickets on StubHub.

i'm telling you.............. kobe is going to attack dwight at some point

This TNT rising stars selection thing is fantastic.

Team Shaq is stacked. All I had to hear was Lillard, Kyrie and Klay Thompson on the same team. Figured Kyrie and Lillard would go 1-2 for sure considering how important PGs are

All of these all-star weekend announcements make me want it to be next weekend already

Are the refs getting commission for the number of whistles?

Team Shaq is stacked. All I had to hear was Lillard, Kyrie and Klay Thompson on the same team. Figured Kyrie and Lillard would go 1-2 for sure considering how important PGs are

All of these all-star weekend announcements make me want it to be next weekend already

love me some Klay Thompson

Yea I don't know how Chuck didn't pick up Irving, Lillard, OR Walker. Silly Chuck.

Highlight for me was when Tyler Zeller was picked at the very end and Chuck starts ragging on him.

Last edited:
Two trainwreck seasons for C's and Lakers, but it still feels good to get the W.

Back