• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012-2013 NBA Season postmortem

I'm not rooting for them, ever really, but I really like this Memphis roster.

Just can't get over the hump. Memphis is just collapsing inside, and the Clippers are continuing to try to penetrate of the dribble.

I don't think Chris will ever win a ring, or an MVP for that matter...but he deserves both at some point.

Don't think they get it done Friday in Memphis, especially with Blake hobbled

I agree time to stick a fork in the Clips.

Off season they can jettison all their bad players such as Odom, Billups, Butler and perhaps teach Bledsoe how to shoot free throws. He just chucks them up there like he could care less.

I don't think Chris will ever win a ring, or an MVP for that matter...but he deserves both at some point.

Don't think they get it done Friday in Memphis, especially with Blake hobbled

Cp3 had a few absolutely sick plays I haven't seen before. He did something on a fast break late 3rd quarter to tony Allen I have to see again to understand. He wrapped the ball around tony Allen's head while stepping around him. He had an out of bounds save as well that was 'wha?'

I too like the grizz roster. Outside San Antonio they might have the most impressive front office

Lionel holland teeth are distracting

I'd argue there was huge upside to playing the Lakers in that the Spurs got to play a terrible team, and now get to rest their guys after they swept their first round series.

There are obvious upsides- the "rest" angle only works if your next opponent doesn't also sweep or end 4-1. My point is mainly to bitch about the media's constant obsession with bandwagon teams. ESPN rotates between LA/Miami/NYC in NBA to Notre Dame/Alabama/USC/Oregon in CFB to Dallas/NYJets/NE in NFL to Duke/UNC/Kentucky in CBB. And that's when they're not talking Tiger, Danica, or where Phil Jackson will take his next dump.

Even when the Spurs beat the Lakers, the story is about the Lakers.

There are obvious upsides- the "rest" angle only works if your next opponent doesn't also sweep or end 4-1. My point is mainly to bitch about the media's constant obsession with bandwagon teams. ESPN rotates between LA/Miami/NYC in NBA to Notre Dame/Alabama/USC/Oregon in CFB to Dallas/NYJets/NE in NFL to Duke/UNC/Kentucky in CBB. And that's when they're not talking Tiger, Danica, or where Phil Jackson will take his next dump.

Even when the Spurs beat the Lakers, the story is about the Lakers.

The Spurs don't care about stories. They would probably prefer the focus be on the Lakers. Even if your 2nd round opponent does sweep their opponent, you still get rest relative to your opponent as opposed to having them sit for a few games while you play. Getting a draw that ends in a 4 game sweep is never a bad thing.

The Clippers last night reminded me of the Lebron-era Cavs. CP played one of the best games of the playoffs and got zero help.

The Clippers management was playing fantasy basketball not real bball. Chauncey and Caron are almost as far over the hill as I am. DJ is occasionally good, but he relies too much on physical ability rather than basketball talent.

The management could have kept Reggie Evans for a touch over the minimum and didn't.

The Clippers last night reminded me of the Lebron-era Cavs. CP played one of the best games of the playoffs and got zero help.

This. Chris is the consummate baller- he can adapt his game to best suit his team's needs from game-to-game.

The Clippers management was playing fantasy basketball not real bball. Chauncey and Caron are almost as far over the hill as I am. DJ is occasionally good, but he relies too much on physical ability rather than basketball talent.

The management could have kept Reggie Evans for a touch over the minimum and didn't.

Butler, when healthy, had a very solid year. The Clippers, I'm sure, are happy with the production they've got out of the 3 spot. 20 points, 10 rebounds, assists, steals, blocks. Reggie Evans was definitely a guy they should have kept. Hate to say it, but Kenyon Martin too. Martin and Evans are way better than Hollins and Turiaf, especially against Memphis. They are missed.

Mark Jackson seriously grinds my gears. No coach in the league seems to talk as big when their team is winning and whine so much when they lose. The latest complaints about people fouling Steph Curry ring hollow when Bogut/Green are a regular hit squad out there. Never mind the fact that he instructed his players to intentionally foul players in that one Rockets game, resulting in Draymond Green clotheslining Patrick Beverley.

Eat a dick, Mark Jackson. Go Nugs.

Back