• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 Carolina Panthers Thread (Cam's broken legs >>> RG3's knees)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Richardson is so big on his legacy, avoiding estate taxes, and keeping the team in Charlotte, could he sell the team to the city of Charlotte?

Could he do like Green Bay does every now and then and sell to the fans through stock?

I couldn't imagine CLT taxpayers liking that idea. GB is a throwback to a bygone era. It would never happen in modernity.

Cam Newton brings donuts to class ‘since it was Thursday’

Screen-shot-2013-02-21-at-1.04.40-PM.png

Screen-shot-2013-02-21-at-12.39.51-PM.png

Rivera hinted at the panthers being very interested in Mike Wallace.

This would be amazing. We need a bigtime WR so bad..

How could they afford any big time free agent? Aren't they already millions over the cap? We'd have to restructure 4-5 contracts to offer Wallace, I'd think (though that would be an awesome pick-up).

I think the question of making contracts work for Wallace depends on how many years Smith actually has left in the tank. If he can give you a few more years, you draft Patterson (assuming he is available) and pass on Wallace. You find a downfield threat later, and let Patterson compliment Smith in the meantime.

How could they afford any big time free agent? Aren't they already millions over the cap? We'd have to restructure 4-5 contracts to offer Wallace, I'd think (though that would be an awesome pick-up).

There are so many contracts & players we can trade/cut/restructure.

Rivera was asked about the possibility on "NFL AM" and replied with, "You're warm, but you know, what's going to be interesting is how things unfold once we get to March 12"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back