• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 Wake soccer thread: Deacs host Coastal in R32 Sunday

Girls scrimmaged Charleston Southern today then got treated to a day at the beach. Not sure the outcome of the scrimmage.

It was only an exhibition, everyone played, random lineup combinations were used, but the fact that we couldn't get one over on Radford and were shutout might warrant an eyebrow raise. The team hasn't been great at creating and finishing chances the past few years. Hoping that changes.

Is the Furman game an exhibition?

yes...1st "real' game is vs wofford at Spry on 8/25...the furman game will be shown on the internet with no audio...you need to go to the Furman mens soccer website schedule to "click" the link...it hasn't been posted to the wfu site yet.

Can someone explain this to me from the write up (don't really follow soccer all that much):

Furman managed a 9-7 edge in shots while Wake Forest fashioned a 6-2 advantage in shots on goal.

What's the difference between a shot and a shot on goal?

Can someone explain this to me from the write up (don't really follow soccer all that much):

Furman managed a 9-7 edge in shots while Wake Forest fashioned a 6-2 advantage in shots on goal.

What's the difference between a shot and a shot on goal?

I believe a shot on goal is one that requires a save to be made, whereas a shot is just any shot attempted no matter if it's 10 feet over the goal or whatever.

Yep. Shots on goal either go in or the keeper makes a save. Even shots that hit the bar aren't considered shots on goal, just shots.

6 out of 7 shots being on frame is very clinical.

Congrats to Wake's Katie Stengel - she and her U20 USWNT teammates defeated Ghana 4-0 today in the U20 WWC!

lots of experienced seniors and some highly touted underclassmen. this is the year we get back to 2006-2009 college cup form!

Latt,

They looked good last week vs Furman....hopefully they continue to build on what looks like a good foundation...we'll see tonight at 7 pm

Is the game free on WakeForestSports.com?

I don't think so..but click the link on the soccer website and see. I think that wake is part of the CBSSports.com network...the best deal is to sign up for the month to month deal through that site at $14.95/mo cancellable at anytime and you will have access to all their premium content. Here's the link:

http://ulive.cbssports.com/

Back