• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 Wake soccer thread: Deacs host Coastal in R32 Sunday

Apparently, the ACC tournament is being held in Germantown, MD this year. Anyone going next week? I plan on going Friday night if we advance.

1. woodberry spit on watts...they both had words...then woodberry hit watts with a full right uppercut under the diaphragm.

2. didnt see it but understand terps asst started coming at jay with finger pointing and words, jay wasn't happy and sasho intervened and told jay he had this...and told the asst to get lost. no problems between jay and sasho

I'm going to say that #1 is at best exaggerated since Woodberry isn't facing any additional suspension. If that happened and the ref saw it (and he obviously saw something to pull a red), there's no way that's not in the report and additional games aren't tacked on.

I'm going to say that #1 is at best exaggerated since Woodberry isn't facing any additional suspension. If that happened and the ref saw it (and he obviously saw something to pull a red), there's no way that's not in the report and additional games aren't tacked on.

Regarding Woodberry...I was at the game and didn't see the foul happen...I am just stating what I have been told by those who were on the field and were part of the action. In regard to additional suspensions for any player/players I'm sure that the ACC will hear from the Referee and both coaches....appeals will be made or are being made...the ACC will hear from all and prbly watch the replay and the ACC will be the ones who will decide.

I am going to rewatch a replay of the game which I was told is on espn3.com...

Quite frankly the referee let the boys play but lost control of the game. I thought to myself and mentioned to my wife and friends that the game was getting ugly...#20 MD vs #20 WF were going at it and it escalated until #20 of wfu was hogtied and thrown to the ground....neither the head referee nor the A.R. saw it but I'm told espn3 did show it and commented on the foul. In the stands we clearly saw the foul. But that foul was the result of what had been going on for a while between both players and the ref didnt take action. Hey they are all big boys and stuff happens...the refs just lost control...IMO...you might see it differently...but let's rewatch the game.

Well, I watched the replay on espn and the announcers were subpar and the replay was not convincing. It is really hard to get a perspective of what's happening from the cameras if you are not there...the announcers did say that play was getting "chippy" which it was...and they did say that woodberry threw a punch...which is hard to see from the video replay but the announcers did say he threw a punch and from what I heard from the field he did throw a punch. And at with 6:40 remaining in the game you can see from the video that #20 from MD hogties and throws down #20 from WFU and the announcer's agree and state that there is no foul called...

now apart from all that...I hope this game is replayed in the ACC final and I'm sure that all the players will be back from their suspensions and it will be a battle royale with some issues to be resolved. But before that game is played there is alot of soccer to be played...and for one...the deacs will have to handle their post season advisary uva who has taken them to the woodshed in the post season far too many times....BUT...not this time;-) And I will say that this wfu team has the talent and the depth of personel to win the acc and go deep in the tournament...these guys can play and they are for real....no disrespect to any team in the ACC or any other league or team in the nation.

I watched the game on ESPN3, almost went to the game and I wish I had. Great game and I'll add that I watched a few games earlier in the season and the improvement I see is like night and day, particularly on the offensive side. The talent seems to have jelled.

Is this classified info? I texted two guys that still have close ties to the team and neither responded.

During the broadcast of the Maryland game, I guess the announcers mentioned that he was no longer with the program....from their comments you can assume that the deacs and lisch have parted ways. I have no details nor will I speculate why or what happened.

I was under the impression Lisch was not planning on finishing his soccer career with Wake (knew this prior to the season) but obviously a mid season departure is strange.

I don't have any idea what happened with Lisch, specifically, but Vidovich doesn't take any shit. He'd kick off the best player on the team if he was slacking off.

Also, OUCH. Go Deacs.

Virginia leads the all-time series with Wake Forest 35-9-6 since the teams first met in 1980.

Also, my uncle was on that 1980 team. I don't think they beat Virginia then either.

Also, OUCH. Go Deacs.

Virginia leads the all-time series with Wake Forest 35-9-6 since the teams first met in 1980.

Also, my uncle was on that 1980 team. I don't think they beat Virginia then either.

I am more interested in this game than the election. Won't be able to watch though. At a networking dinner. Going to need to follow someone on twitter for updates.

Can we get a title change to hopefully get more people in Winston to tonight's game?

Last edited:
Thanks for the links baron! Let's go Deacs!

Back