• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 Wake soccer thread: Deacs host Coastal in R32 Sunday

Make this one count, deacs! Fucking UVA, always playing with 11 behind the ball. Typical.

Fuck. Penalty kicks. I hate hate hate these.

We have a freshman goalkeeper, but I think he'll be alright. Pressure is definitely not on the keepers in PKs.

really...after we scored each time gave up a loose goal and let UVA back in the game...gave them way too much...dominated the first OT and got unlucky with on offside call on okali goal in ot....did not take advantage of our opportunities. Went to pk's and anything can happen and we blinked first. Not the end of the world but definitely a major disappointment...but this is Postseason and these are the types of games that happen. Move on and forget it

So why can't we beat UVA?

Are they still a super physical team?

TENTH time since '99 they have knocked us out of the ACCT. How is that even possible.

We have only beaten them once in that time period, in '06, on penalties

TENTH time since '99 they have knocked us out of the ACCT. How is that even possible.

We have only beaten them once in that time period, in '06, on penalties

I'm pretty sure there were back-to-back years where we lost in OT on an own goal. Painful.

Back