• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 Wake soccer thread: Deacs host Coastal in R32 Sunday

Cause year in and year out they park the fucking bus in front of the goal and play for PKs

I didn't really get that sense this year, though I only caught part of the match and had a shitty feed. Certainly true of past years though.

I really wasn't too concerned until we were up 2-1 and gave up the goal for a 2-2 tie...uva kept coming at us and led the stats when we went into OT. We came strong in the OT's and controlled played but came up short and went to pk's....anything can happen then. The disappointment is the loss at home....the previous 4 were away...and this was a very very young uva team...trying to remember...8? freshman starters?
But that's soccer...move on....this is still a quality team...but a team that MUST win these type of games

The team has the ability to make a serious run in the NCAAs, but reminds me of some of those Wake teams that were impressive in the regular season and flamed out in the playoffs.

Lisch was allowed back for the senior day game and played, but didn't start.

The team has the ability to make a serious run in the NCAAs, but reminds me of some of those Wake teams that were impressive in the regular season and flamed out in the playoffs.

Lisch was allowed back for the senior day game and played, but didn't start.

Well, at least the freshman goalkeeper will have some phenomenal experience -- beating the number one team in the nation and losing in PKs in the ACCT.

The future is always bright at Spry.

Maryland can't like that draw. We seem to always match up well with them and we certainly aren't afraid of them.

352kc9x.jpg

Eh, I'm more upset about playing a conference team so early in the tournament. I think a lot of the fun is seeing new matchups, and we obviously play each other all the time. Especially since it's such an easy fix considering the 3/14 game is chalked to be Georgetown/VCU. Swap one set of seeds, doesn't matter which one, and that issue is solved.

Eh, I'm more upset about playing a conference team so early in the tournament. I think a lot of the fun is seeing new matchups, and we obviously play each other all the time. Especially since it's such an easy fix considering the 3/14 game is chalked to be Georgetown/VCU. Swap one set of seeds, doesn't matter which one, and that issue is solved.

I think you're overlooking a team in that bracket called CHAR. That's CHARLOTTE! I hope Georgetown is taking us as lightly as you seem to be because it will be at their own peril because we live for the opportunity to destroy those who overlook us in their quest for the next round as they're likely to be lying dead in a ditch bleeding from their orifices after we get finished using and abusing their brainless bodies that we have just ravaged on the soccer field or any other court or field of play in which we participate, including (soon) FOOTBALL! We were the national runners up last year, not you or anybody else, and we only lost because of some kind of miracle goal or something by UNC-CH who has always stolen funding from all of our programs and attempted to treat us like a red-headed step-child, but we won't stand for that because that's not who we are we have the best academic programs and we are an athletic powerhouse as well that is adding FOOTBALL which will vault use through the upper echelons of all the NCAA into our rightful place in the stars and we'll just be looking down at you laughing in your shit-dicked ACC wishing you had listed to us. So think about it before you wish that the NCAA switched us into your bracket you little bitch.

Agreed. It is super lame to play a conference foe so early.

Man, somebody takes that Charlotte parody seriously -- I had forgotten that they even made the finals last year.

Man, somebody takes that Charlotte parody seriously -- I had forgotten that they even made the finals last year.

Those who forget the past are doomed to see it repeated again and again and again and again. Do you think the chumps who we beat along the way have forgotten that we beat them? I don't think so. And you're damned lucky you choked on James Madison's big purple and gold cock because you might have had the opportunity to be pwnt by us two rounds later so I hope that you're thanking your lucky stars that we didn't destroy your program last year and start taking every recruit on the eastern seaboard all for ourselves.

Just noticed that we play UAB in the first round this year. We dispatched them with much alacrity and courage last year 3-1 in the second round.

Just noticed that we play UAB in the first round this year. We dispatched them with much alacrity and courage last year 3-1 in the second round.

Might want to also notice that VCU is in that bracket as well. Pretty sure they beat you all twice already this year. Good luck though!

Might want to also notice that VCU is in that bracket as well. Pretty sure they beat you all twice already this year. Good luck though!

It's a new season bitch. If that's what you think, why does Wake even show up for its annual asphyxiation against UVA? Huh? Oh did I just go there? Yes I just went there and there's no going back across that Rubicon is there? NO there isn't so let's see what you got Mr. Weaksauce WEak Florist!

Didn't Elon beat us this year? Not looking forward to playing them, if so.

Damn I am so curious as to who the UNC charlotte person is. Ijust graduated from there in May and i dont give a damn about charlotte sports. Wake will always be my team amd i am pretty sure they are the only one that takes charlotte sports seriously

Back