• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread: TIMOTHY THEODORE DUNCAN #5

you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, and i'll just leave this here

aaron-facebook-600x640.jpg

So he impressed a Kentucky grandmother. Yes, this translates to working in simpatico with an NBA coaching staff. Well played Hand. There has been numerous writings done on the Harrison's on court body language. Again - I specifically said I wouldn't expect them to be problems in the locker room. Everything I have read and heard about the twins leads me to believe they have a bit or a reckoning coming in the NBA whether they go this year or next. Hell, the Morris twins both struggled until they were reunited on the same team.

We'll sell. I have been wrong before on projecting NBA players but have been correct as well. Some will remember I touted Danny Green as the best NBA prospect on that Carolina championship team and he didn't even start. I also thought DWade was a tweener and would be a waste of a lottery pick.

But again, your little photo fails to even touch what I said as I am not saying either kid are bad people - though Dad comes off an arrogant prick.

I think if there were some scenario where mydeaconmyhand's defense of UK basketball conflicted with jhmd's defense of the military, the boards would explode.

So he impressed a Kentucky grandmother. Yes, this translates to working in simpatico with an NBA coaching staff. Well played Hand. There has been numerous writings done on the Harrison's on court body language. Again - I specifically said I wouldn't expect them to be problems in the locker room. Everything I have read and heard about the twins leads me to believe they have a bit or a reckoning coming in the NBA whether they go this year or next. Hell, the Morris twins both struggled until they were reunited on the same team.

We'll sell. I have been wrong before on projecting NBA players but have been correct as well. Some will remember I touted Danny Green as the best NBA prospect on that Carolina championship team and he didn't even start. I also thought DWade was a tweener and would be a waste of a lottery pick.

But again, your little photo fails to even touch what I said as I am not saying either kid are bad people - though Dad comes off an arrogant prick.
They initially struggled to adjust to the speed of the college game and that showed in their body language. They've shown nothing this year that would lend to your theory that they are sullen or have hard personalities to coach, everything that's been said about them actually points toward the opposite. The real reason to doubt their NBA potential is that neither of them have shown any NBA level skills or athleticism.

Yes, good luck adjusting to the speed of the NBA game with non-sullen, but negative body language that needed adjustment.

And as I implied, add to that the pschology of playing without your twin for the first time in your life. Ask the Morris twins how that went for a year and a half.

I still their Daddy comes across as a tool and Mom doesn't look all that warm and friendly. You want to be an insular family unit, super. Many are. But add in the twin angle and I don't anticipate an easy transition to the pros even if they had NBA game, which I don't think they do. I would steer very very clear of them if I was drafting unless you have like two 2nd round picks and think you can get both.

They will always be haunted of the Harden trade. Still very good, but they could have overwhelmingly dominated the West for years if they could have kept him in their lineup.

maybe........ i think the problem is that westbrook and harden both really need the ball to be effective. durant seems a little better working off the ball. i wonder if they could have made a westbrook/perkins for cp3/deandre trade a few years ago. can you imagine a lineup of cp3, harden, durant, ibaka, deandre?

maybe........ i think the problem is that westbrook and harden both really need the ball to be effective. durant seems a little better working off the ball. i wonder if they could have made a westbrook/perkins for cp3/deandre trade a few years ago. can you imagine a lineup of cp3, harden, durant, ibaka, deandre?

Maybe a few years ago. I don't think Perkins has much value left on the trade market, except for maybe that of an enforcer type defender, and even that has dwindled a lot over the past two years.

CP3 on a Harden, and Durant squad would be pretty incredible.

Would los Spurs rather play los Mavs or los Suns in the first round?

edited for getting the schedule wrong

Last edited:
The twin angle? Small sample size?

As we all know the Van Arsdales also had to play together to succeed.

They are 6'5" guards with solid college skills. I think success in the NBA is above their ceiling, both indivudally and collectively. I think some of the kids on Wiscy are more likely to stick for four or five years in the NBA than either of the twins. Don't think one of those guys is the Paul Mokeski revisited kid - the Wiscy swingmen have futures, IMO.

I'm not sure why you keep bringing up Wisconsin, but Jackson and Dekker seemed like the only kids on that team who could make it in the Pros, and neither of them have the athleticism or potential of the Harrison's.

Rockets waived Greg Smith and signed Dexter Pittman. Kind of wonder if Greg Smith's knee injuries are worse than everyone previously thought.

Weren't Horace Grant and Harvey Grant twins? They seemed to manage just fine without playing together in the pros.

Lopez twins. Not that the discussion needed that to end it, but that should end it.

Nah, jaybone will just bend his theory a little. It applies to guards OR guys that played together on a team that wore primarily blue.

Back