• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread: TIMOTHY THEODORE DUNCAN #5

This makes me feel pretty good, buckets has a track record of predictions that can best be described as "jaybone-esque"

whoa whoa no way

the only prediction i think that was wildly off was when i thought the pistons would be good this past year

Rockets decline option on Parsons

GO GET HIM HORNETS, GET THE TALL WHITE GUY YOU DESERVE

So many layers to this move. By not picking up his option, Parsons has a really low cap hold while he gets other offers from teams. If they can trade Asik or Lin they can possibly sign a max FA this summer before Parsons signs an offer sheet. If they do sign a big name FA and then Parsons signs a big multi-year year deal with another team, they can match without worrying about going over the cap. Then they have Harden, Dawight, FA X, and Parsons all locked up long term.

If they can't trade anyone or sign anyone, they can still match Parsons' offer sheet... but they'll be in cap hell for a while.

OR this could lead to a Parsons sign and trade on the eve of a draft with a lot of teams with middle picks looking for immediate impact players.

Last edited:
Rockets decline option on Parsons

GO GET HIM HORNETS, GET THE TALL WHITE GUY YOU DESERVE

The dynamics of these restricted free agents are always interesting to think about. You know the Rockets will be really hesitant to let fan favorite and Dwight Howard best friend go so does some competing franchise just offer him a ridiculous deal? Of course if Houston declines to match then maybe you're screwed, but not if your books are clean enough / full enough of rookie deals. Maybe the Suns?

The Parsons deal IS fascinating. But I don't think it will work out with them given that like 10 teams have hordes of cap room and got like 5 million more to play with. Parsons is exactly the type of guy MIL/CHA/ORL/PHX, etc. is going to overpay.

Chandler parsons looks like the buddy you invite out as your wingman once. Just once. Because you just didn't know your boy was such a skank and successful skank at that.

Back