• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild Bill getting the 2013 thread rolling... Thats a sign its going to be a good year. Superbowl or bust.

:cam::cam::cam::cam::cam::cam::cam::cam::cam::cam::cam:

And to add some content, what is everyone's thoughts on Mike Wallace? It looks as though we are in an awkward drafting position and Gettleman drafts based upon BPA so we will probably not get a WR in the first. Its doubtful that many of the elite talents at WR in this draft will fall to us in the 2nd. Are you content waiting on drafting another developmental case in the hopes that in a few years he is a stud or do you think we should throw the shit ton of cash at Wallace that he will be asking for? I am conflicted. I do not think he is worth it, but I think we need to make some moves this year and take the next step.

And to add some content, what is everyone's thoughts on Mike Wallace? It looks as though we are in an awkward drafting position and Gettleman drafts based upon BPA so we will probably not get a WR in the first. Its doubtful that many of the elite talents at WR in this draft will fall to us in the 2nd. Are you content waiting on drafting another developmental case in the hopes that in a few years he is a stud or do you think we should throw the shit ton of cash at Wallace that he will be asking for? I am conflicted. I do not think he is worth it, but I think we need to make some moves this year and take the next step.

I don't think Wallace is worth it unless we get our cap in order. I like where Gettlemen's head seems to be, though.

I don't think Wallace is worth it unless we get our cap in order. I like where Gettlemen's head seems to be, though.

I cant find the quote, but he has said many times that he will address needs based upon FA... In that case, who do we go after if Wallace is too pricey? I am not very knowledgeable about this year's FA class.

I cant find the quote, but he has said many times that he will address needs based upon FA... In that case, who do we go after if Wallace is too pricey? I am not very knowledgeable about this year's FA class.

It's not that Wallace is too pricey altogether, it's that Wallace is too pricey with our current cap situation. This might not be the year to make a splash with a WR in FA as we have so many cap issues to deal with.

My opinion of our needs in order
1. Secondary
2. WRs
3. Toss up b/t ol and dl

My opinion of our needs in order
1. Secondary
2. WRs
3. Toss up b/t ol and dl

Again.... I feel like our biggest need is DT. But I think my top pick in our range would be Kenny Vaccaro right now ---- ALTHOUGH Star might still fall to us due to his heart thing.

Again.... I feel like our biggest need is DT. But I think my top pick in our range would be Kenny Vaccaro right now ---- ALTHOUGH Star might still fall to us due to his heart thing.

I think OT is a bigger need than DT.

Agreed, but if we let Gamble go I think the secondary must be addressed immediately.

What about some Ocho Cinco (or Johnson now I guess?).. I know Ol' J rich wouldnt go for it most likely, but I bet hes extremely cheap and would give us a deep threat. I still think he has the ability. I'll get shit on for that, but I love me some Ocho

What about some Ocho Cinco (or Johnson now I guess?).. I know Ol' J rich wouldnt go for it most likely, but I bet hes extremely cheap and would give us a deep threat. I still think he has the ability. I'll get shit on for that, but I love me some Ocho

He is not nearly as fast as he once was. I have no problems with TO or Ocho, but they are just too old.

Do we have the money to go after Wallace? I was under the impression our cap situation was so jacked up we weren't going to be able to get much of anything in free agency this year.

Agreed, but if we let Gamble go I think the secondary must be addressed immediately.

I dunno. You think so on paper, but the secondary (except for Nakamura) was better than the DTs this past year and Gamble missed the whole year. I'm not saying that we don't need secondary help, but I think DT is a bigger need.

I dunno. You think so on paper, but the secondary (except for Nakamura) was better than the DTs this past year and Gamble missed the whole year. I'm not saying that we don't need secondary help, but I think DT is a bigger need.

An elite DT, helps the secondary anyway. I think a DT could have a bigger impact right away than a DB because of pass rush and run D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back