• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 Election Day Thread

I haven't watched Rachel's show in over a year. Wrong again.

He's so far right and so crazy the Richmond paper wouldn't even endorse him.

No one likes McAuliffe. VA is a mostly conservative state. For McAuliffe to be winning this easily it's about Cuccinelli not money.

Why aren't the Koch brothers or others supporting him? Private donations from the right are much bigger than from the left. The right wing money machines abandoned Cuccinelli. Why?

They abandoned him because they didn't think he could win. Don't get me wrong, Cooch has run an abysmal campaign. But I'm not convinced that Bolling would be wiping the floor with Terry like everyone thinks.

Don't get the GOP fascination with conventions and wanting to repeal direct election of Senators. Populists should want more involvement in elections. The Tea Party hates the electability argument (McCain/Mitt), but Cooch losing to McAuliife is a huge blow to the purity argument.

Don't get the GOP fascination with conventions and wanting to repeal direct election of Senators. Populists should want more involvement in elections. The Tea Party hates the electability argument (McCain/Mitt), but Cooch losing to McAuliife is a huge blow to the purity argument.

They will change their tune on the senator thing when they no longer have gerrymandered control of a majority of statehouses. Just like they suddenly think the House is the moral seat of all power now that Pelosi is not in charge. Strange how a group can call itself conservative and yet always be up for the latest trends in destroying well established institutions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Cooch also openly talked about nullification. That's batshit crazy and dangerous.

His position that women can only get a divorce if their hubby committed adultery or she could prove spousal abuse would have worked well in 19th century. It's batshit crazy too.

Last edited:
I've been seeing wildly different projections. Drudge had McA by 7 but just took it down. I'm not at my TV. Anyone see any numbers?

VA now too close to call. Models pointing in different directions.

This one might be close folks. Still lots of precincts out in NOVA and Richmond, but there's also a lot out in the Northern Neck and coal country. Cooch doing better than I thought in DC exurbs and VB.

I can see the storylines now. The late push from true conservatives like Rubio, Paul, and Palin put Cuch over the top. Sound the alarm. The way to victory is through the hard right.

Down to a 3% lead for Cooch with most of NOVA not in.

Mac won Henrico County by 15 points. I can't see Kook recovering from that. That's astounding to me actually.

Down to 10,000 lead for Cooch with most of the vote that's still out in NOVA.

Cuccinelli is a nut job. He makes me embarrassed to consider myself a (R).

Fox is calling it. CNN is holding off.

first dem mayor in nyc since the 80s

2 post election thoughts.

Last night might be the beginning of the end of the Tea Party's dominance over the Republican Party.

Libertarians will never figure out how to get people who want to vote for them to vote for them...sad face. Fucking LINOs.

One more...

T Mac might be the first candidate that I can think of that won a state wide election that You can't find one person who has a good thing to say about him. He has to be the worst candidate to win a major election in my lifetime.

A stronger, more moderate candidate (like Bolling) would have killed McAuliffe. A better candidate than McAuliffe (not sure who. Someone like Tim Kaine or Mark Warner) would have killed Cooch by several points. Both candidates sucked balls, Cooch just more so.

Back