• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 Masters Thread

Chambers Bay. Whistling Straits. Ugh.

Huh? It's not often that both the PGA and US Open are both played on such visually interesting courses. I've always found seaside courses prettier and more interesting than inland courses, whether it's Pebble, Torrey, Kiawah, Portrush, County Down, Ballybunion, Turnberry.... Whistling Straits has been a great PGA venue each time, and the pics I've seen of Chambers Bay look pretty stunning.

When Jordan and his caddie were talking on 18 I actually wondered if they were discussing whether to take the flagstick and if there were any other Augusta-type things you're supposed to do after you win.

Re: Augusta-type things you're supposed to do after you win.....

Just after he finished hugging all of his family members, it sounded like Spieth's Dad told Jordan to thank the fans. He immediately walked around the 18th green applauding the patrons/gallery.

Cool moment made less cool by hearing Spieth instructed by his Dad to do that.

Just after he finished hugging all of his family members, it sounded like Spieth's Dad told Jordan to thank the fans. He immediately walked around the 18th green applauding the patrons/gallery.

lolz yeah

Found this bizarre post on the Shaggybevo (University of Texas) message board. Looks like not everyone down there is a fan of Spieth only enrolling a year there, despite winning a national championship for the Longhorns. ETA: John Fields is the Texas golf coach.

The problem...and it really isn't John Fields' fault....is that team you aspire to see really wouldn't even be "Texas", in the truest sense of the word. It would just be a bunch of whores hired by Texas to wear its jersey for a year. Just a PGA minor league "feeder team", as it were. College golf is all but dead at the power conference level. PGA money & TV money have destroyed it. Now it's all about hiring whores for "one-year stands" and bringing in as much money as you can....so you can spend even more money to bring in more whores & more money. What is pathetic is that the same people who endorse this concept also like to brag about what a great academic institution Texas is....while they convince themselves that it's OK to pass these semi-pros off as students so they can brag about "Texas" winning a golf match at the office water cooler on Monday morning. What a damned bunch of hypocrites.

TIL there's a Texas golf version of BobKnightFan out there somewhere.

I'll give him a pass. He's a 21 year old kid who just won The Masters. Parents help their kids remember to do stuff like that.

Masters Traditions?
I hear that after receiving their green jackets, Tiger and Bubba have a tradition of going to the Waffle House to get a little something.

Masters Traditions?
I hear that after receiving their green jackets, Tiger and Bubba have a tradition of going to the Waffle House to get a little something.

Do golf course architects give bjs at the Waffle House to the Masters champ?

I don't know for sure. What golf courses did your mom design?

Masters Traditions?

Bubba needs etiquette instructions on how to help someone put on a jacket while standing behind them.

Looked like Spieth damn near ripped the arm out of the jacket trying to put it on!:tard:

Found this bizarre post on the Shaggybevo (University of Texas) message board. Looks like not everyone down there is a fan of Spieth only enrolling a year there, despite winning a national championship for the Longhorns. ETA: John Fields is the Texas golf coach.

That's not really true about the college golf landscape. So few kids are actually in a position to turn pro after only 1 year in college. What that poster is missing is that the year Spieth came out was the last year before the PGA Tour changed Q school to not be a direct path to the big show. If Spieth waits one more year and doesn't take advantage of his 7 sponsor invites, he would have been going to Q school just to spend a year on the Web.com tour. I think if that change wasn't coming that Spieth stays in school for another year or two.

The number of college golfers that leave early is maybe 1 per year. And Spieth actually left UT after fall semester of his sophomore year.

Wait, so if you get through q school now you have to spend a year on the web.com tour?

Guys, that was just a joke post where I took a real bobknightfan post from a couple of weeks ago and made the following changes:

bobknight: jessehaddock
Danny Manning: John Fields
Wake Forest: Texas
NBA: PGA
basketball: golf
basketball game: golf match

The username "jessehaddockfan" should've been a dead give away.

Biggest lie on this thread:
Brasky sleeping with hotter UT coeds than Spieth's girlfriend, or Tiger performing wrist surgery on the 10th hole?

brasky just doesn't like her cause she's not hispanic or blonde

Back