• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 NBA Offseason Thread: Rose broke face, orgy to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Thompson (with that contract) is seemingly the most negative asset in the league. Sacto has been trying to dump him for 3 seasons and this is how desperate they've become.

lol.... let's trade NIKY SHOOTER and a FIRST ROUND PICK for sucky ass rondo and his 13 PER

lol.... let's trade NIKY SHOOTER and a FIRST ROUND PICK for sucky ass rondo and his 13 PER
They're not even trading for him, they're just trading away actual assets to dump salary to possibly sign him

And they are giving PHI full pick swaps next 2 years too. So if the Kings bink a top 3 pick the next two seasons they lose it to Philly. And ya'll know the Kings are going to have a good amount of ping pong balls.

And they are giving PHI full pick swaps next 2 years too. So if the Kings bink a top 3 pick the next two seasons they lose it to Philly. And ya'll know the Kings are going to have a good amount of ping pong balls.

ddd.jpg

Is this deal finalized? Could the reaction to the trade convince the Kings to pull out?

I bet Philly can get rid of Thompson too. Has that really nice non gtd contract for next year that is great for the big payroll teams.

Like for example: If LAC keeps DAJ, swap out Jamal Crawford + future 2nd for Thompson. Get a nice upgrade at 3rd big this year + a nice asset next summer to move for a player (like Cleveland is going to do with Brendan Haywood now). Philly sheds a little salary, can waive Crawford, pick up a 2nd or something....

Yeah, I don't know how that makes sense (unless the draft rights Philly sent over are Saric's and even then it doesn't really make sense).

I'm just referring to the fact that in Hinkie's third off-season, I still have no idea wtf he is trying to accomplish.

He probably wanted Russell but had to settle for Okafor. And now has a billion picks the next two years and got Stauskas for free and swap rights. Team is still going to be bad next season, obviously, but next draft should be won they go all-in with roster construction for better or worse.

Yeah, I don't know how that makes sense (unless the draft rights Philly sent over are Saric's and even then it doesn't really make sense).

I'm just referring to the fact that in Hinkie's third off-season, I still have no idea wtf he is trying to accomplish.

There is no road-map or master plan. He has said that. You just keep trying to maximize value and acquire talent until you have pieces you want to move forward with. If Embiid doesn't get hurt before the draft then maybe Wiggins or Parker falls to the Sixers and the re-build looks a lot different right now. Maybe they are slightly better so they fall to around 5 in this years draft and don't take Okafor but they take Hezonja or Mudiay. But all that didn't happen so you just roll with the punches. I think it is frustrating that the Sixers don't yet have a coherent identity, but I wouldn't pass on Okafor just to pick Hezonja if Okafor is the better talent.

the swap is useless though if Phily is worse the next 2 years though, right?

Not necessarily. It increases % if SAC is in the lottery. Say SAC is 7th and PHI is 5th going into lottery next year. Sixers chance of jumping into top 3 becomes SAC's chance + PHI's chance instead of theirs alone.

It's useless if the pick doesn't end up being higher, but it increases lottery %s (and maybe a decent amount depending on how bad Sacramento ends up being).

Right -- so I'd guess there's a pretty good chance the swaps end up being unused. giving up niky shooter along seems excessive (unless they are so low on him that he was part of the salary dump)

Official 2015 NBA Offseason Thread: Timmy D Recruiting his Replacement

So it's a swap if Philly wants to swap?

The Bucks should get a lot more national games this year. They were fun to watch on NBA TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back