• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Republican National Convention thread

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Interesting way to start things off.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...rt-needed-to-force-rules-vote-225716?lo=ap_a1
Cleveland —Republicans looking to unseat Donald Trump as their party’s presidential nominee appear to have the signatures they need to force a full vote on the national convention rules, a move intended to provide a platform for anti-Trump voices and to embarrass the billionaire.
To force that vote, the faction would need signatures from the majority of delegates from 7 states or territories. According to documents provided to POLITICO, they have a majority of signatures from 9: Colorado, Washington state, Utah, Minnesota, Wyoming, Maine, Iowa, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

The group says former New Hampshire Sen. Gordon Humphrey has submitted the signatures to the convention secretary.
Submitting those signatures would force a roll call floor vote from all 2,472 delegates to the convention on the Republican National Committee rules that an 112-member panel voted through last week. Those rules required pledged delegates to vote for the candidate dictated by their state’s primary or caucus results, a system that would allow Trump to clear the number of votes he needs for a nomination. The faction is hoping those rules will be voided and replaced with rules that allow delegates to vote their conscience.
While they’re highly unlikely to win the roll call vote, the Never Trump delegates hope to at least draw attention to their cause and, with a large vote count, prove what they've long claimed: that a significant section of the party still doesn't support the presumptive nominee.
The RNC and Trump campaign have been working to avoid such a vote, hoping to present a united front at the convention.

12321408_838811082894431_1735326428621118113_n.jpg

The GOP just broke its own rules. If there were X number of states' delegations to have a vote on the rules, they would have to have a roll call vote. They exceeded that number by 2-3 states. But the GOP refused to accept the petitions.

Priebus is really a joke.

EDIT: The entire CO delegation has walked out of the convention.

This might be fun.

The Trump GOP revolt came from Ken Cuccinelli and Mike Lee? Those guys should be aligned with Pence. Other rumor is they'll make another protest during the VP vote. Get that the GOP is fragmented, but going after Pence isn't in social conservatives' best interests. Utah was a mirage for the Dems, but alienating CO and VA (plus Manafort shitting on Kasich) is helpful for the GOP, now or in 2020.

I put this on the F thread. Cong. Steve King (IA) just said it was wrong for the GOP to reach to minorities. He called it identity politics. Then went on to say which of those groups have done as much for civilization as "Northern Europeans".

Can't stand Steve King or Louie Gohmert, but both are at least smart enough to realize they can't win statewide and would quickly be out of politics if they ever tried.

I put this on the F thread. Cong. Steve King (IA) just said it was wrong for the GOP to reach to minorities. He called it identity politics. Then went on to say which of those groups have done as much for civilization as "Northern Europeans".

Bob's kind of guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw the clip on Youtube. Holy shit. That's not dog whistle racism, that's just straight up good old fashioned racism racism. Jesus.

I think I just heard Scott Baio say "Make America America again."

Scott mother fucking Baio is speaking.

Let that sink in for awhile.

I think I just heard Scott Baio say "Make America America again."

In the late 90s, the real odd couple was seeing Scott Baio and Robert Blake hanging out together at the Rainbow.

I'm not watching it, so I have to ask did he say "Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"

I just watched 5 minutes. There was a Navy SEAL guy who looked like he snorted some crystal meth and then some grandma who blamed Hillary Clinton for her son's death in Benghazi.

Unbelievable.

So tonight is the red meat portion of the convention, I see

This won't play well with moderates and independents.

Did they just cut off her microphone???

I'm pretty sure they just did before she just said some more crazy shit

I just saw the clip on Youtube. Holy shit. That's not dog whistle racism, that's just straight up good old fashioned racism racism. Jesus.

Makes one wonder what the 1968 convention that nominated George Wallace was like? King's a fucking moron, but Paul Ryan should have realized his celebratory selfie might have looked like Janesville, WI, but not like America as a whole in 2016. Ryan and Reince are both cheeseheads and there's no doubt Ryan read the 2012 GOP autopsy. Jack Kemp's rolling over in his grave.

Back