• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

I read or heard Clawson say they had a practice or two this past week and gave the team a nice Fall break, and will start preparing for GT on this coming Monday. Seems like we didn't really intend to use two weeks to prepare.
Clawson ain't on vacation.

Deems May on the Carolina post-game show whining that the officials are not going to give Carolina fair break after the NCAA ruling. Maybe the most pathetic thing I've ever heard

Are you freaking kidding me! Pathetic!

Watching this App State Idaho game which is setting football back 50 years.

Why?

Just looked it up to confirm this is a conference game. They should change the name of the conference name from Sun Belt to FBS Waiting Room.

Last edited:
Deems May on the Carolina post-game show whining that the officials are not going to give Carolina fair break after the NCAA ruling. Maybe the most pathetic thing I've ever heard

UVa is having a sneaky good season so far. UNC may very well finish 2-10. Fake class karma kicking in.

Looked like TAMU got away with a block in the back.

UVa is having a sneaky good season so far. UNC may very well finish 2-10. Fake class karma kicking in.

meh. They looked awful today. The only team they have played has been Duke. I could see them losing out. They have BC and @ Pitt, then end the season with GT, Louisville, Miami, and VT

Wake would handily beat either UVA or UNC.

meh. They looked awful today. The only team they have played has been Duke. I could see them losing out. They have BC and @ Pitt, then end the season with GT, Louisville, Miami, and VT

Wake would handily beat either UVA or UNC.

They did destroy Boise on the blue turf. I’d say that’s pretty damn impressive

They did destroy Boise on the blue turf. I’d say that’s pretty damn impressive

Yep. Boise's only other loss was in OT to Washington St. They're up 21-0 on SD State at halftime.

Not sure why Georgia isn't ranked higher than #3. Penn State hasn't beaten anyone. They only beat Iowa by 2. Georgia has the best win of the undefeated teams at Notre Dame.

The ACC is turned upside down now--NC State leads the Atlantic with a 4-0 record & Miami with a 3-0 record is followed by UVa with a 2-0 record in the Coastal! Go to the Big XII & TCU leads with a 4-0 record and looks to be strong. Wiscy leading the Big Ten West has an easy path to the title game and going 12-0. UGa & Bama can play in the SEC titla game & both still be in the college playoffs by both going 12-0 in the regular season.

Top five teams in the ACC Atlantic are absolutely ridiculous:

S&P Rankings:

Clemson - 10th
NC State - 23rd
Louisville - 24th
FSU - 25th
Wake - 29th

And the worst two teams (Syracuse 59th and BC 104th) both scored huge upsets this weekend.

Top five teams in the ACC Atlantic are absolutely ridiculous:

S&P Rankings:

Clemson - 10th
NC State - 23rd
Louisville - 24th
FSU - 25th
Wake - 29th

And the worst two teams (Syracuse 59th and BC 104th) both scored huge upsets this weekend.

giphy.gif

The roughing the passer call in the fsu game may be the worst call of the year.

So i guess there's no such thing as offensive pass interference now. Cool

Back