• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

Yeah, they're having their way with Tech. Another game we flubbed. It wouldn't have been at all far-fetched for us to be 8-2 right now given hindsight. Hope we stay strong and can handle them next week. Duke and Wake is always a tough game both ways.

I think we broke Cuse.

Ok State down 45-40 after being down 42-13 with less than 4 minutes left in the 3rd

Have there always been a bunch of these lame Alabama-Mercer type match ups the weekend before Thanksgiving?

Alabama has done it since 2007. They lost that game against Louisiana-Monroe and the opponents have been very weak since.

Have there always been a bunch of these lame Alabama-Mercer type match ups the weekend before Thanksgiving?

Yes. Seems like anybody with a big Thanksgiving rivalry game plays a weak opponent.

Yes. Seems like anybody with a big Thanksgiving rivalry game plays a weak opponent.

Not necessarily. I was watching the Kick 6 highlight yesterday and it reminded me Auburn won the week prior on a miracle TD pass against Georgia.

Yeah. That was in 2013. Since then they've played Samford, Idaho, Alabama A&M, and ULM.

Actually the three years before Kick 6 were Alabama A&M, Samford, and a bye.

Not that new. Bama and Auburn have done it for awhile. Other programs in the South are catching on like Clemson and FSU.

Florida has done it a lot too.

Georgia does it every year that they do not play Kentucky. They play Kentucky this week a lot. 4 times in 8 or 9 years.

Last edited:
I give FSU/UF a pass, since they play each other next weekend every year in a legit OOC game (usually).

I give FSU/UF a pass, since they play each other next weekend every year in a legit OOC game (usually).

Most of the teams who do this have a big Thanksgiving rivalry game. That's the whole point.

Back