• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

If Clemson beats Miami in the ACC title game, does 2-loss O$U jump them? Because that would be ridiculous.

Depends how much the committee values conference championships. Computer rankings/power indexes still love tOSU for some reason, as well.

Depends how much the committee values conference championships. Computer rankings/power indexes still love tOSU for some reason, as well.

The committee will value conference championships as much or as little as it needs to in order to get certain teams in.

In 2014, it was OSU's Big10 championship that got them in over Big12 co-champions (with no CCG) Baylor and TCU.

In 2016, it was OSU's overall regular season performance that got them in over their own conference champion Penn St, who also beat OSU.

I can't imagine the committee turning away a Big 10 champion OSU with wins over Penn St, Wisconsin, and Michigan.

After the Big 12 champ has been left out because there was no conference championship game bump and the Big 12 petitioned the NCAA for permission to play CG even though the conference has only 10 teams, would be hilarious if the Big 12 is left out of the playoff because Oklahoma loses a re-match with either OK State or TCU in this years Big 12CG as Oklahoma would be in with a 11-1 regular season.

Yeah, I've barely watched any NFL Thursday night football this year. The only Thursday I watch much NFL football is Thanksgiving. I always enjoyed watching the good Thursday night college matchups, unfortunately there have been very few this year. Louisville @ State was on a Thursday night this year, but other than that I can't think of any real good ones this season.

Georgia Tech at Miami was supposed to be a Thursday night game, but that got bumped back to Saturday when the hurricane postponed Miami/FSU to October 7th.

In 2016, it was OSU's overall regular season performance that got them in over their own conference champion Penn St, who also beat OSU.

Of course, they got in because the committee regarded them as clearly better than Big Ten champ PSU, in part because PSU got blown out by Michigan.

Would be a pretty decent about-face if the committee took a conference champ that was blown out not once but TWICE, and by a much worse team than '16 Michigan, over a one-loss non-conference champ that narrowly lost one game to a top 5 team.

Last year those teams were Penn State and Ohio State respectively. This year they may well be Ohio State and Miami. And there wouldn't even be a H2H obstacle to overcome in this case

Hopefully Michigan significantly weakens one if not both of Wisky and O$U’s resumes over the next couple weeks. Save us a third straight -0 CFP performance by a B1G team Harbaugh, you are our only hope

Thursday night NFL football is generally garbage. They should get rid of it. It really is possible to have too much NFL football.
Sadly as a football addict I don’t mind the Thursday night games. If they aren’t good I can still have them on unb the background for ambiance. I should care more though, just due to the injuries.

I do like Thursday night ACC football as well and wish it was more prominent.

Sadly as a football addict I don’t mind the Thursday night games. If they aren’t good I can still have them on unb the background for ambiance. I should care more though, just due to the injuries.

I do like Thursday night ACC football as well and wish it was more prominent.

I'm not entirely sure why the NFL doesn't 'compromise' with players & do a Friday night game (network) and a Saturday late (9 pm EST) night game on NFL Network.

For fans attending the game, this would be a once a year shake-up. 32 'weekend series' games. I'd love to see those scheduled as regional rivalry games, since those games are more interesting as stand-alones... But that's asking a lot.

That plan sort of dilutes Monday night football, but it gently pushes a presence of the league into the other 'football nights'.

1 p.m. Sunday is the bread and butter, but 9 games at once can be overkill.

I love non-saturday premier college games, but it's just too unpredictable to have decent match-ups scheduled a year out.

I don't see how OSU would jump Clemson in the rankings if Clemson beats Miami. Clemson is number 2 in the rankings now and beating Miami would just add another win to an already impressive resume.

Not worried about that. Worried about Ohio State jumping an 11-1 Miami team (p sure that's what Brasky meant)

Last edited:
I love Saturday NFL -- they should just get rid of Thursday night games and amend the Sports Broadasting act to allow them to broadcast more Saturday games in September when the weak nonconference college games are played and then 1-2 times a month in Oct and Nov, and all of Dec. (and they could schedule around marquee college matchups).

I wish there were good College games or any NFL games on Tuesday and Wednesday night.

Even though NFL Thursday is very hit or miss, I'm still excited for it by the time it rolls around because I've had a few days of no football. Also, I care because of fantasy football - every game is watchable.

Hopefully Michigan significantly weakens one if not both of Wisky and O$U’s resumes over the next couple weeks. Save us a third straight -0 CFP performance by a B1G team Harbaugh, you are our only hope

Jim Harbaugh is a turd-donk who is 1-4 against his two rivals, and has never really won anything of note at Michigan. Counting on him is not wise. He'll be back in the NFL in another year or two.

0f586cb99e1afcfcbffeb412e672fe04efedd182ebf68b2362ce639c67426b3a.jpg

Back