• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2017 College football thread

They don't blow that lead against UCLA if he doesn't get knocked out of the game

Looking more and more like the SEC is going 0fer. Must be extra disinterested this year.

Fisher will be a disappointment for A&M fans who are like Tenn fans. Jimbo will win 9 games and be on the hot seat. Such a fool for leaving FSU.

They don't blow that lead against UCLA if he doesn't get knocked out of the game

I remember watching that come back. At one point yesterday I had this fear that this is going to be the bookend to that game, with them redeeming themselves by coming back from being way down. Fortunately, no.

Fisher will be a disappointment for A&M fans who are like Tenn fans. Jimbo will win 9 games and be on the hot seat. Such a fool for leaving FSU.

Don't forget that FSU fans aren't exactly paragons of patience and have higher expectations than Shreveport, and I'm sure this season's poor showing (even with the contrived bowl maneuvering) put Jimbo in a must win situation (i.e. playoff) for next year.

Jimbo got out before the mobs came for him. And FSU may have upgraded. It will be interesting to see if FSU fans adjust their expectations to the reality of the ACC Atlantic.

Jimbo got out before the mobs came for him. And FSU may have upgraded. It will be interesting to see if FSU fans adjust their expectations to the reality of the ACC Atlantic.

The reality of the ACC Atlantic is Clemson should be the only team competitive with FSU every year.

I remember watching that come back. At one point yesterday I had this fear that this is going to be the bookend to that game, with them redeeming themselves by coming back from being way down. Fortunately, no.
I had a similar feeling, but it was based on our games rather than theirs. In 3 of our losses, we led by 2 possessions only to let our opponent right back in it (FSU, GT, Duke).

Difference in 7-8 wins or 9-10 next year will be putting teams away in those situations

Nice to see the Cards fall to the cowbells. Such a nice bunch and classy coach /s. They finish with the same record as us and we hold the individual matchup.

I agree with this, but I‘ve rooted against the cowbells ever since Nashville. Miserable experience. Glad to see Louisville lose, though.

Back