• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

Yeah and the options were Braves or Cubs (or I guess White Sox). There wasn’t a “local” team

How close is Chicago to Winston? This makes no sense to me. The whole "team being on TV" thing also doesn't make sense because the Orioles were on TV down there too.

Shoulda been an Os fan!

Funny to see the Braves fans here pulling against the Cubs since that’s a major reason I’m a Cubs fan. All those Atlanta fans growing up in the 90s. Same kids that were the UNC fans.

1. This is a verrrrry BKF post. In fact, BKF has basically made this exact same post numerous times (substitute White Sox for Cubs).

2. What was the appropriate MLB team for a NC kid to pull for in the 1990s? How about today?

3. Understand it is not just this Braves fan who is pulling against the Cubs this postseason. It is every MLB fan who isn't a Cubs fan. For me, it doesn't have anything to do with the Cubs. The Cubs won last year. Congrats! I was happy to see that. Now I'd like to see someone else win this year. Don't turn into one of those weird Red Sox fans.

I guess today you’d pull for the Nationals or Braves? I dunno. Closest team is still 5+ hours away from Winston.

Cubs were also on most afternoons after school which probably shifted the calculus away from the Orioles.

I guess today you’d pull for the Nationals or Braves? I dunno. Closest team is still 5+ hours away from Winston.

Cubs were also on most afternoons after school which probably shifted the calculus away from the Orioles.

WGAF.

Go DODGERS !

Hmmm....so perhaps you disavow your post implying that a NC kid who cheers for the Braves is a bandwagon fan.

As an impartial observer, that was probably the most fun I've ever had watching a baseball game. Feels like the NLCS is going to be a let down by comparison. The Cubs' bullpen is toast.

Nah I'm good. Also, the point wasn't that Atlanta fans were bandwagon fans just that the vocal fans Braves fans I knew growing up were the same vocal UNC fans.

If you grow up in NC and like baseball you basically have carte blanche to pull for whoever you want.

Hmmm....so perhaps you disavow your post implying that a NC kid who cheers for the Braves is a bandwagon fan.

I don't think he was calling Braves fans bandwagon, as they were the geographical team to pull for in the 90's. He was instead comparing them to UNC fans, who being from NC have every "right" to pull for the Holes.

As a Cubs fan growing up surrounded by Braves fans, y'all were pretty insufferable at times.

How close is Chicago to Winston? This makes no sense to me. The whole "team being on TV" thing also doesn't make sense because the Orioles were on TV down there too.

Shoulda been an Os fan!

The Orioles were not on TV with regularity in NC, only a few brief spells here or there. And now they are on a horrible channel that no one gets. Granted the Cubs aren't on WGN anymore so NC kids presumably aren't growing up Cubs fans now either.

But back in the day the Cubs were always on and for youngins they were on right when you'd get home from school. It was pretty awesome

I miss the good old days where you pick your favorite team based on which team your little league squad was named after.

1. This is a verrrrry BKF post. In fact, BKF has basically made this exact same post numerous times (substitute White Sox for Cubs).

2. What was the appropriate MLB team for a NC kid to pull for in the 1990s? How about today?

3. Understand it is not just this Braves fan who is pulling against the Cubs this postseason. It is every MLB fan who isn't a Cubs fan. For me, it doesn't have anything to do with the Cubs. The Cubs won last year. Congrats! I was happy to see that. Now I'd like to see someone else win this year. Don't turn into one of those weird Red Sox fans.

Only problem with this is I would never, ever, root for the Cards in a playoff series. Another NL team? Sure, but rooting for division rivals because you want to "let someone else have a turn" is super weird. But to each his own, my son has 5 favorite teams, 3 are in the same division, maybe its a young person thing.

Only problem with this is I would never, ever, root for the Cards in a playoff series. Another NL team? Sure, but rooting for division rivals because you want to "let someone else have a turn" is super weird. But to each his own, my son has 5 favorite teams, 3 are in the same division, maybe its a young person thing.

Rooting for players, not teams, may be the worst trait of the 00 or whatever generation. Its terrible and enrages me when none of their peers call them out for switching allegiances so nonchalantly.

at least most of us don't have to justify pulling for a team owned by a POS family

Rooting for players, not teams, may be the worst trait of the 00 or whatever generation. Its terrible and enrages me when none of their peers call them out for switching allegiances so nonchalantly.

*Jets fans receives OBJ jersey package*

Back