• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

A lot of Astros fans are morally opposed to the AL, too, but we didn't have a choice in the matter.

I'll never be able to give them up for real, but I watch very few Astros games during the regular season. Between the DH and all of the west coast games, it's tough (first world problems). I'm coming to Houston if they make the WS though. I missed the opportunity in '05 because of a moot court obligation in law school and I still regret that decision.

This is a terrible opinion. Let's take guys that never hit, never practice it, and suck at it, and have them make an auto out 2-3 times a game. Oh and they might get hurt doing it too.

Fuck you AL cunt !

BTW, I'm pretty sure that having to search the cable guide for an NLCS game on Sunday night cements MLB as a third rate sport.

It is hard enough for the Aaron Judge’s of the world to hit. Not sure how anybody can seriously want pitchers to hit. It is the exact equivalent of making all football players play offence and defence and special teams too.

So now Aaron Judge is the gold standard for hitting for all of baseball. Thanks for the memo. Maybe he should have hit a little more last night.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Judge has a great future as a DH where' his mediocre fielding won't hurt his team so much and he'll be able to swing for the fences four times a game for millions of dollars per year without penalizing his team too much.

Lester with a gorgeously unexpected single to left. Which 100 times more exciting of a moment than watching some unathletic bodybuilder who hits .270 expend 15 calories four times a game.

Plus small ball is the best ball.

We have a thread for this on the Pit

As a die hard fan of league that's popularity is drawn from GIFs designed to capture the attention span of 12 year olds, I'm sure its hard for you to understand and appreciate the beauty of perfectly executed sac bunt.

#braskyknowssports

that said, small ball is defs way more interesting than the K-HR extreme that a lot of rosters offer

As a die hard fan of league that's popularity is drawn from GIFs designed to capture the attention span of 12 year olds, I'm sure its hard for you to understand and appreciate the beauty of perfectly executed sac bunt.

I can't tell what league this is

I like college baseball though! I just prefer my pros to hit.

Thank goodness Turner is at least doing the NLCS. Not the duo I expected, but this Anderson guy is good.

Last edited:
Is this Turner dude the greatest clutch hitter in postseason since Reggie? He's got many hits with RISP, and now a game-ending homer.

ETA: Can't wait to see the TBS postgame show. Again, just so superior.

Last edited:
The deal LAD got to re-sign Turner for this past offseason is an incredible bargain.

Was that a "Showalter not bringing in Britton" move by Maddon last night? Did Wade Davis' arm fall off after Maddon's ludicrous use of his pen in the LDS Game 5?

It's amazing how much less fun the playoffs are when the Yankees win.

Lots of terrific young star power and more to come, especially when they load up with Otani, Harper, and Machado.

Back