• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

What's the use of having space if you don't use it?

All I'm saying is what actually happened and that they haven't added any top level, experienced players.

ONLY 12 games out of the playoffs? :bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

They actually have hadded top level experienced players. They just happen to already be on their roster. This time last year Young and Huerter had zero experience and Collins had 1 year plus he missed the first 16 games of the season and was brought on slowly to boot. Next year, barring injury, all 3 will start and have experience.

I am sure they will sign a C - a Brook Lopez or a Dedmon and they will be a lot better than last year going into next year with a ton of cap space and a stocked roster of high value players on the cheap. Which is what they want. Again, they don't want an aging wing or an expensive center. Not this year. Work your 3-team super trade with Orlando. They might be interested.

Capela and Collins are both pick and roll men, don't think they work well together

In the last 10 rj posts:

Here rj argues the Hawks can make the playoffs next year.

Getting Capela and Tucker should propel them into the playoffs next year making the draft pick not that big a deal.

Here rj argues the Hawks cannot make the playoffs next year.

Talk about being out of your damn mind...how many injuries are you expecting in the East for the Hawks to go from 29 wins to a 6-8 seed?

Here rj argues Capela is very expensive.

You don't pay a back-up player (behind a max player and can only play one position), $17-20M for the next four years. That's a waste of money.

very expensive Capela.

Here rj argues Capela is cheap.

In this era a 16.6/12.7/1.5 block elite defending center is easily worth $70M over 4 years. In fact, the only two people in the Top 10 in rebounding who made less than Capela than did last year were KAT and Vucecvic and they will be making far more than Capela next year. Capela was $5M or more less in salary than the other seven.

Capela is NOT expensive in this era and is young.

I'll save you the post, rj. Context is important, we all get it. But just shutup already.

They actually have hadded top level experienced players. They just happen to already be on their roster. This time last year Young and Huerter had zero experience and Collins had 1 year plus he missed the first 16 games of the season and was brought on slowly to boot. Next year, barring injury, all 3 will start and have experience.

I am sure they will sign a C - a Brook Lopez or a Dedmon and they will be a lot better than last year going into next year with a ton of cap space and a stocked roster of high value players on the cheap. Which is what they want. Again, they don't want an aging wing or an expensive center. Not this year. Work your 3-team super trade with Orlando. They might be interested.

Yeah. They really don't need to do much to fill out the roster now. They've got the young talent they like and they have a bunch of contracts that will go off the book after next season. They need to sign a C (likely Dedmon) and that's about it. That will give them Len, Dedmon, Plumlee, and they picked Bruno Fernando in the 2nd round.

Here's a summary of their roster situation:
https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019...young-john-collins-deandre-hunter-cam-reddish

Here's a summary of their cap situation:
https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019...ency-nba-transactions-possibilities-contracts

People all over the world reading GM RJ posts.

giphy.gif

GM RJ:

Hornets sign and trade Kemba to the Lakers, AD to the Hawks, Hornets get Collins, Hunter, and next year's first round draft pick.

That will be debated for years to come. Depends on what Hunter and Reddish do. If one or both of them are studs and Trae continues to be close to or on par with Luka, the Hawks win.

That will be debated for years to come. Depends on what Hunter and Reddish do. If one or both of them are studs and Trae continues to be close to or on par with Luka, the Hawks win.

I dont think Trae is close or on par with Luka. Trae plus Reddish maybe. But Luka was runaway ROY and was probably an allstar snub considering both eh fan votes he got and his numbers

I like Trae and I love what the Hawks have done. Ultimately the totality of their moves might prove to get them in the right place, but they as of now have definitely lost the Luka trade.A And honestly i dont know how they win, mostly because I think Luka's trajectory is otherworldly. I dont think Trae or Reddish is

Last edited:

trae isn’t close to luka. there’s no “continues.”

Trae was better than luka from January on. I think they are pretty close to even money for who has the better career. Maybe luka 55-45

Young averaged 24.7 pts, 4.7 reb, 9.2 ast after the All-Star break. Luka averaged 22.7 pts, 9.9 reb, 7.2 ast after the break. Both are very strong and should get better and become more efficient.

Trae was better than luka from January on. I think they are pretty close to even money for who has the better career. Maybe luka 55-45

Offense alone maybe. Trae was dead last in the NBA in DRPM. Real Plus Minus, Luka was 88th in league and Young was 421 (out of 513). And if you look at RPM wins, which estimates the number of wins each player contributes to his team's win total during a season, Doncic ranks 59th in the league (6.33 wins), while Young ranks 260th (0.70 wins). Doncic also is fourth rookie in NBA history to have at least seven triple-doubles. The others include Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson and Ben Simmons, who had 12 a year ago. Doncic is also just one of five players this season to average at least 21 points, seven rebounds and 5 assists per game, including Giannis Antetokoumpo, LeBron James, Blake Griffin and Russell Westbrook.

Doncic also had a team of horrible shooters and Id imagine the edge Trae had there in assists would have been far less if not even if the Mavs had more than one player who averaged more than 35% from three. (The Hawks had 5 who shot better than 35%)

I dont even know why this is a debate

Last edited:
Offense alone maybe. Trae was dead last in the NBA in DRPM. Real Plus Minus, Luka was 88th in league and Young was 421 (out of 513). And if you look at RPM wins, which estimates the number of wins each player contributes to his team's win total during a season, Doncic ranks 59th in the league (6.33 wins), while Young ranks 260th (0.70 wins). Doncic also is fourth rookie in NBA history to have at least seven triple-doubles. The others include Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson and Ben Simmons, who had 12 a year ago. Doncic is also just one of five players this season to average at least 21 points, seven rebounds and 5 assists per game, including Giannis Antetokoumpo, LeBron James, Blake Griffin and Russell Westbrook.

Doncic also had a team of horrible shooters and Id imagine the edge Trae had there in assists would have been far less if not even if the Mavs had more than one player who averaged more than 35% from three. (The Hawks had 5 who shot better than 35%)

I dont even know why this is a debate

it’s not a debate but sweet cherry picked stats from ph. that was awesome.

Back