• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

That argument for Simmons would make a hell of a lot more sense if common sense would prevail and the Sixers played him at his natural position of PF instead of inexplicably trying to jam him into a PG role. Then, like Horford, outside shooting would be an added bonus for his game instead of a critical necessity.

Empty gym in July vs. 20K arena in a big playoff game with millions watching.

Horford wasn't a mental case. Simmons is.

Nice effort, though, Noah Levick.

That argument for Simmons would make a hell of a lot more sense if common sense would prevail and the Sixers played him at his natural position of PF instead of inexplicably trying to jam him into a PG role. Then, like Horford, outside shooting would be an added bonus for his game instead of a critical necessity.

You would have been saying the same dumb shit about Magic Johnson back in the day had this message board existed then. Go look up his 3 points stats - they were ugly. And no, I'm not saying Ben Simmons is Magic, but their games are pretty similar. I'd rather Simmons not shoot 3s at all than shoot sub 25% like Magic did for the 1st 9 years of his career.

You would have been saying the same dumb shit about Magic Johnson back in the day had this message board existed then. Go look up his 3 points stats - they were ugly. And no, I'm not saying Ben Simmons is Magic, but their games are pretty similar. I'd rather Simmons not shoot 3s at all than shoot sub 25% like Magic did for the 1st 9 years of his career.

Also, Simmons has a higher eFG% for his career than Magic, and a better eFG% than Giannis every year except last year.

What evidence do we have that Simmons is a headcase? I'm serious. I don't know enough about him. I know he got into some heated verbal spats early in the playoffs, but a lot of young players do during their first playoff run.

Growth is THE common denominator of the NBA elites. Jordan wouldn't pass the first 5 years of his career. Lebron quit during his first playoff run when the Cavs were overmatched (by the Celtics?).

I don't like Simmons, but I don't dislike him either. He was a beast in a few playoff games last year and disappeared in others. Fairly typical for an NBA young'un who can't shoot his way out of a slump. I think he needs to improve defensively, however, and I am certainly not penciling him into the HOF yet. Nor Embiid. Embiid screams Bill Walton to me.

Also, Simmons has a higher eFG% for his career than Magic, and a better eFG% than Giannis every year except last year.

Dude, you can't quote yourself. It's the unwritten faux pas of the boards. Or should be anyway.

What evidence do we have that Simmons is a headcase? I'm serious. I don't know enough about him. I know he got into some heated verbal spats early in the playoffs, but a lot of young players do during their first playoff run.

Growth is THE common denominator of the NBA elites. Jordan wouldn't pass the first 5 years of his career. Lebron quit during his first playoff run when the Cavs were overmatched (by the Celtics?).

I don't like Simmons, but I don't dislike him either. He was a beast in a few playoff games last year and disappeared in others. Fairly typical for an NBA young'un who can't shoot his way out of a slump. I think he needs to improve defensively, however, and I am certainly not penciling him into the HOF yet. Nor Embiid. Embiid screams Bill Walton to me.

Didn’t he or does he date a kardashian?

Nobody would confuse Simmons' passing ability with Magic's passing ability. Magic's entire demeanor and skill set were that of a PG, Simmons is just a super athletic big dude who somebody thought would be cool to have play PG. I would definitely have been saying the same shit had somebody kept trying to play Blake Griffin or Ron Artest at PG when they first came into the league, which is more akin to Simmons playing PG.

Nobody would confuse Simmons' passing ability with Magic's passing ability. Magic's entire demeanor and skill set were that of a PG, Simmons is just a super athletic big dude who somebody thought would be cool to have play PG. I would definitely have been saying the same shit had somebody kept trying to play Blake Griffin or Ron Artest at PG when they first came into the league, which is more akin to Simmons playing PG.

Hmmm. Simmons is averaging 8 assists per game across his first 160 games.

In comparison, Kemba Walker averaged 5 assists per game across his first 160 games and has never averaged more than 6.

Simmons averaged more assists per 100 possessions than Magic through the first 2 years of their careers.

FRAUD compares really well with magic in their respective year 2 seasons

shot better, rebounded better, more assists, more blocks, fewer turnovers

So when are we getting Embiid to Kareem comps? Harris to Worthy?

I think Embiid compares to Hakeem. Though more realistically more like Yao :(

Harris I have no idea.

embiid is much more yao than hakeem to me, and i don't mean that as an insult

Hmmm. Simmons is averaging 8 assists per game across his first 160 games.

In comparison, Kemba Walker averaged 5 assists per game across his first 160 games and has never averaged more than 6.

Simmons has also been playing with Embiid, Redick, Butler, Harris, etc. Tough to compare those guys to Kemba's supporting cast, especially in Kemba's first two years, the first of which was the 7-59 year when evaluating assists.

Back