• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

If they lose Lebron, Love will be traded after the season. Moving him won't be very difficult. Moving the moronic contracts of JR Smith and Tristan Thompson will be different.

I was just coming to say poor Ph now that Kawhi wants out of SA

Fake news

LMA "wanted out of SA" and now he's putting up better numbers than he did in Portland for a team on pace to win 50 games without a top 3 player.

Not sure if the smoke means fire in this case but kawhi could not have been happy that 50 mills was the first FA call at 12:01 and then they follow up that by locking in gasol for two additional years.

Sure. The Spurs invested in Game 1 vs Warriors before Kawhi got hurt. I understand the concern. But that was before the Rockets, Thunder, T-Wolves, and Celtics made their moves. The Spurs made a move for CP. They didn’t for Teague. They didn’t have the parts for Butler. The other big free agents are SFs.

The pickins are kinda slim for a team set at SF and PF who isn’t looking to spend at C. There aren’t many elite SGs. The PG position is very young across the league. The franchise doesn’t have a lot of assets to trade.

That is clearly what they did. However, gasol is old and mills is streaky as it is playing off the ball. It's too much to ask him to play pg.

At any rate, agree that options appeared to be limited.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22190953/look-stat-line-why-al-horford-impact-goes-numbers-nba

To hammer home just how much of a quarterback Horford has become in Boston consider this: According to Second Spectrum data, Horford is setting up 14.6 shots per 100 possessions this season. That's up from 9.6 shots per 100 possessions over his final two seasons in Atlanta. Horford has had 19 games with six assists or more this season, the highest number among all NBA centers.

The Celtics entered the week with the NBA's best defensive efficiency (99.8), and much of that success can be traced to Horford, who was allowing a mere 0.77 points per play, according to Synergy Sports data. Of the 45 highest-volume players with at least 500 plays defended, Horford ranks No. 1.

NBA defensive tracking data suggests that Horford is limiting opponents to 41 percent shooting overall, or 5.8 percent lower than those players' season average, and NBA hustle data ranks Horford tied for fourth in the league while contesting 13.1 shots per game.

I took a lot of shit for calling Horford a top 20 player at the start of the season (and eventually I conceded that it's probably closer to top 30), and I'm really glad to see he's getting some attention. He's the Celtics' best player this season.

Kinda funny that Horford is peaking while his UF teammates Noah and Brewer seem so old

DUbO1WAU0AAGRim.jpg

DUbO-bGV4AA2bct.jpg

Bigs vs. small ball. Should be fun to watch. I assume Lebron gets to pick his coach, correct?

Lebron the future GM?

He was oight about Shabazz, now he runs Steph in this draft, with more talent and an actual strategy. Team or ex-teammates know each other.

lLBj/Kyrie/Love
Durant/Westbrook
Wall/Beal
Cousins/Davis

Back