• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

OKC grey unis last night were somehow worse than their fade out blue. Grey with blue and orange striping. Numbers were lime yellow. I would refuse to play in those. They looked like throwbacks to the 80s with the teal Pistons, red Sonics and purple Bucks unis. They were bad. I didn't like them. At all. I may just repeat post this in a day or two for emphasis.

r960-1d823cd30c86e137c6942bc1cb2c89ed.jpg

Nevermind. I looked at the ones I loathed from last month and they are way worse:

full_size.jpg

Last edited:
Lebron the future GM?

He was oight about Shabazz, now he runs Steph in this draft, with more talent and an actual strategy. Team or ex-teammates know each other.

lLBj/Kyrie/Love
Durant/Westbrook
Wall/Beal
Cousins/Davis

Also interesting is that Lebron picked a team that could play around him. He only took one SF and that's the one guy he definitely doesn't want to guard and who could easily slide to SG. He took a PG he knows how to play with and took the Wall/Beal package as a backup. Lebron doesn't have to take himself out to give anybody else PT.

By contrast, Steph took 3 other PGs (four if you count PGG, of course). He may play with Harden, but he won't play with Dame or Lowry. Very possible he takes it easy having dealt with injuries.

Last edited:
Also interesting is that Lebron picked a team that could play around him. He only took one SF and that's the one guy he definitely doesn't want to guard and who could easily slide to SG. He took a PG he knows how to play with and took the Wall/Beal package as a backup. Lebron doesn't have to take himself out to give anybody else PT.

By contrast, Steph took 3 other PGs (four if you count PGG, of course). He may play with Harden, but he won't play with Dame or Lowry. Very possible he takes it easy having dealt with injuries.

You do realize that these teams were picked for an all-star game right?

Not showing the draft was a huge missed opportunity, a rare miss for Silver.

Not showing the draft was a huge missed opportunity, a rare miss for Silver.
The Players Association didn't want it televised. Too many egos. The NBA was all for it.

Team LeBron may be better, but Steph's team is infinitely more likable...minus Draymond.

You do realize that these teams were picked for an all-star game right?

Uh yeah. That's why I was looking at how much PT the captains gave themselves and why nobody is making predictions about who will actually win.

I think we will see a more competitive game this year. Sounds like players, mainly CP3 actually, was not happy with the game last season and wanted to change it up. I don't think itll be a defensive showdown obviously but I dont think we will see the players just letting it turn into a dunk competition.

If they aren't going to show the draft, moving away from the conference format doesn't really make it more interesting to me.

Watching the T'wolves/Warriors last night, I had two major thoughts. First, Thibs is supposed to be a great defensive coach. This was about the third time I've seen the T'wolves and still haven't seen them play D. They are absolutely awful on D and have players who can play D. WTF?

The second was how pissed I still am at Coangelo for not trying to trade for Jimmy Butler. The T'wolves got Butler and the #16 pick for Dunn, LaVine and #7. At that point Jah had some value, he had averaged about 12/6 last year when Embiid was out. The Sixers could have offered #3, Jah and this year's Sixers pick (and if they needed to another player- even Saric).

Don't talk about "assets". Getting an established All-Star for a maybe is always a good idea.

Teague is not a good defender. He plays Olay defense about every third possession. Surprised wanted him, but I guess the Spaniard was even worse.

Yeah, KAT, Wiggins, and Teague are all terrible defensive players.

Yeah, KAT, Wiggins, and Teague are all terrible defensive players.

Man, you make this waaaaaay too easy....

Here's what I said:

"This was about the third time I've seen the T'wolves and still haven't seen them play D. They are absolutely awful on D and have players who can play D. WTF?"

I specifically said the OPPOSITE of what you allege...

Team LeBron may be better, but Steph's team is infinitely more likable...minus Draymond.

oh yeah when I said Team Steph was gonna beat Team LeDecline I meant in likability

because it's an All-Star game

Here's what I said:

"This was about the third time I've seen the T'wolves and still haven't seen them play D. They are absolutely awful on D and have players who can play D. WTF?"

you really go out of your way to be a dumbass

Here's what I said:

You're really weird.

rj it seems like people frequently misinterpret what you write.

have you ever thought that maybe people do this because your posts are unclear?

Back